Read all instructions carefully, and keep for future reference.
Thank you for purchasing an Oreck Professional Air Purifier! You will enjoy years of cleaner, fresher air with the Oreck air purifier in your home. It includes six different air purification technologies to provide unique protection against airborne pollutants and allergens:
Stage 1. The pre-filter removes large particles, including dust, lint, and hair.
Stages 2 and 3 are part of the Truman CellTM proprietary technology.
Stage 2. Positive charging wires electrostatically charge smaller particles such as dust, smoke, pollen, bacteria, molds, viruses, and fungi.
Stage 3. The electronic collector cell collects the electrostatically charged particles and destroys the bacteria, molds, viruses and fungi.
Stage 4. The optional odor absorber removes common household
odors and chemical fumes.
Stage 5. The Oxygenator changes atmospheric ozone to harmless oxygen.
Stage 6. The optional air revitalizer negative ion generator provides additional air freshness and a pleasant, clean scent through the release of negative ions.
This combination of technologies provides broad protection against a wide range of contaminants to make your home healthier, cleaner, and more livable. Enjoy!
At Oreck, we understand that our customers are unique and expect superior service. To meet your needs, we offer different customer
service options to work with your lifestyle and preferences. Welcome to our Call. Click. Visit. customer service program.
To speak with an Oreck representative call:
On the web, point and click at: www.oreck.com
Visit us in person at one of over 450 store locations. To find the nearest store, please call 888-oreckstore (888-673-2578) or visit www.oreckstore.com.
READ ALSO: TPP540 UV Air Purifier User’s Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS!
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS AIR PURIFIER
WARNING To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
• Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
• Use only as described in this manual.
• Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center or call customer service at: USA: 1-800-989-3535 Canada: 1-888-676-7325
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair and anything that may reduce air flow.
• Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
• Turn off all controls before unplugging.
• Do not use appliance in an enclosed space where oxygen, flammable, explosive or toxic vapors are given off or in an area where flammable dust is present.
• You should consult your oxygen and medical equipment providers before using the air purifier around oxygen tanks, hoods, or other medical devices using concentrated oxygen. Using electronic devices, including an air purifier, in the presence of oxygen and other combustible gases could result in fires or explosions, potentially causing serious injury or even death.
CAUTION! Installing a wet or even damp collector cell into the air purifier may cause melting of internal components during use.
• DO NOT place a wet or damp collector cell in the air purifier.
• DO NOT wash the odor absorber. Replace, if necessary.
• Dry the collector cell thoroughly outside of the air purifier before reinstalling it into the air purifier. Ensure that all areas including corners and areas that may trap water are dry before reinstalling into the air purifier.
FOR COMMERCIAL USE:
High voltage from collector cell may cause ignition of flammable or explosive gases/particles in the circulating air.
• DO NOT use in an area that contains flammable or explosive gases/particles in the circulating air.
• Do not place open flames, including candles, directly in front of the air purifier. Doing so may result in minor or moderate injury.
• Keep objects away from the front grill. It is important to consider the following when deciding on where to locate the air purifier:
• Position the air purifier on a flat, solid, stable surface.
• Position the air purifier where the dirty air is not drawn across your head or body while sitting or sleeping.
• Position the air purifier so the plug on the power cord easily reaches a standard electrical outlet for a polarized plug.
• Do not use an extension cord.
• Do not place the air purifier near sources of heat, such as stove tops, ovens, radiators or computers.
A polarized plug has one rounded prong and one straight prong. The rounded end goes into the longest socket slot.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this equipment has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact qualified personnel to install the proper outlet. Do not alter the plug in any way.
All accessories and replacement parts are sold separately. To order, call our customer service group or visit our website. Please have your model number from the data label inside the cabinet door of the unit.
|Assail-a-Cell® Collector Cell Cleaner, 20 oz.||32358|
|Spring Mulberry® Scent Cartridges, 8 pack||FA2PK|
|Blooming Jasmine® Scent Cartridges, 8 pack||FA3PK|
|Odor Absorber Plus||AT1PKT|
Customer Service Hotline
USA: 1•800•989•3535 Canada: 1•888•676•7325 website: www.oreck.com
Simply follow the numbered steps to use your Air Purifier.
Each call out describes the features of the Air Purifier and how it functions.
1.Place. Locate the air purifier on the floor. Do not position the air purifier so that it draws dirty air across the head or body.
2.Plug In. Plug into nearest standard electrical outlet that accepts a polarized plug.
3.Select the air cleaning speed. Press the power button for the desired speed.
• High for maximum cleaning.
• Medium for normal use.
• Silence for Silence Technology® .The quietest setting, cleaning the air as effectively but more slowly than the higher settings.
• Turbo provides greatest cleaning power for the toughest problems.
4.Turn on the Air Revitalizer. Provides additional air freshness and a pleasant, clean scent through the release of negative ions. Negative
ions may cause dust to settle from the air onto the air purifier and surrounding furnishings. Designed to run continually, but may be turned off if desired.
TIPS for clean air: Position the Air Purifier so dirty air is not drawn across your head or body.
Proper care and cleaning of the air purifier is critical to performance. The unit has been designed to make this as simple as possible. The following chart shows the cleaning intervals and methods.
|Cabinet||As needed||Wipe with damp cloth first. If required, follow with mild, non-abrasive cleaner.|
|Collector Cell||2 to 4 weeks, or as needed||Spray Oreck Assail-a-Cell® cleaner or soak in warm water with mild liquid detergent.|
Rinse and dry thoroughly.
|Pre-filter||2 to 4 weeks, or as needed||Rinse thoroughly in warm water.|
|Odor Absorber||12 months, or as needed||Replace (optional for odor removal). Do not wash or get wet. Vacuum to clean, if necessary.|
|Oxygenator||As needed||Vacuum the front with a soft brush attachment. Do not use any liquids for cleaning.|
WARNING! Cleaning the unit while it is plugged in may result in electric shock, electric spark and serious injury. Unplug the unit before cleaning or maintenance.
Cleaning the Cabinet
You can clean the Air Purifier cabinet with mild, non-abrasive cleanser and a soft cloth.
IMPORTANT: Unplug the unit from its electrical power source. Do not spray cleansers or furniture polish into louvers or grill areas.
Cleaning the Air Purifier Components
All components to your air purifier are located behind the cabinet door. Before you begin any cleaning process you must:
- Unplug the air purifier.
- Open the cabinet door, press in on the bottom button and press down on the top button.
Cleaning the Collector Cell
Note: The collector cell may require more frequent cleaning if “arcing” occurs. Arcing is a sharp snapping sound that occurs when large particles of dust are collected in the collector cell. If prolonged or continuous arcing occurs the collector cell should be cleaned.
IMPORTANT: Do not try to clean the collector cell by inserting a cloth, brush, or other object between the cell plates.
- To remove the collector cell, turn the yellow latches counterclockwise. Pull straight out by the black handle.
- Place collector cell in sink, bathtub, or other location where cleaner and contaminants will rinse away without damaging surfaces.
- Spray Oreck Assail-A-Cell® cleaner thoroughly between each cell plate. Allow the cleaner to soak for a few minutes and rinse with clean water. Do not let the cleaner dry on the collector cell.
An alternative method to clean the collector cell is to soak it in warm water for two to three hours. Mild liquid dish detergent may be used to help break down dirt. Rinse thoroughly with water.
Note: Do not put in dishwasher or insert objects to clean the collector cell. Do not wash the collector cell with bleach or other abrasive cleaners.
Tough residue such as tar from tobacco smoke may need additional applications or longer soaking.
4. Allow to dry completely outside of the air purifier. Do not use heated or compressed air to dry.
IMPORTANT: Do not reinsert the collector cell until it is completely dry. If the “Check Collector Cell” light blinks red after replacing the collector cell, then the collector cell is still wet. Remove the collector cell and allow it to finish air drying.
5.Place the collector cell back into the air purifier by sliding it straight into the cabinet. Lock the yellow latches by turning clockwise.
6.Close the cabinet door securely.
Cleaning the Pre-Filter
Note: The pre-filter is located under the collector cell. You must remove the collector cell first by following step 1 in the above procedure.
- Grasp the blue handle located in the middle of the pre-filter basket and pull the pre-filter straight up and out of the cabinet.
- Lightly brush the surface to loosen the dirt and wash the filter in warm water. Do not bend or twist the filter during cleaning.
- Thoroughly rinse the pre-filter and let it air dry completely before placing it back in the cabinet. Do not use heated or compressed air as part of the drying process.
- Place the pre-filter back into the unit and then replace the collector cell by following step 4 in the above procedure.
- Close the cabinet door securely.
Cleaning the Oxygenator
- Remove the collector cell and odor absorber. Locate the Oxygenator above the
- fragrance compartment. Lightly vacuum the bottom of the Oxygenator with a soft-brush attachment. Do not use liquids to clean. Liquids will damage the oxygenator.
- Replace collector cell and odor absorber. Make sure the door is closed securely.
Replacing the optional Odor Absorber
- Unplug the air purifier.
- Open the cabinet door.
- Grasp and squeeze the odor absorber handle and pull straight out.
- Replace with a new odor absorber. The odor absorber is designed so that it can only be inserted in one direction.
- Close the door securely.
Service problems that appear to be major can often be solved easily.
You can be your own troubleshooter by reviewing this guide.
All other servicing should be done by an Oreck authorized service center.
|Problem||Check||What to do|
|Unit does not turn on.||• Power Cord||• Plug in the power cord.|
|• Power Button||• Set power button for desired blower speed.|
|• Cabinet Door||• Make sure cabinet door is closed securely.|
|“Check Collector Cell” has turned red.||• Collector Cell||• Wash collector cell. Make sure it is thoroughly clean and dry before|
|“Check Collector Cell” light is flashing red.||• Collector Cell||• Collector cell may need cleaning. Clean collector cell.|
|• Collector cell may not be completely dry. Allow it to air dry longer.|
|• Collector cell may be damaged. Contact Oreck for service.|
|Unit does not remove pollutants.||• Collector Cell||• Wash collector cell. Make sure it is thoroughly clean and dry before|
|Unit sparks, crackles and pops.||• Collector Cell||• Sparking or popping noise (arcing) occurs when a large particle is|
captured in the collector cell.
|• If the unit is arcing excessively, the collector cell may be dirty. Try|
cleaning the collector cell.
|• If excessive arcing continues after proper cleaning, the cell may be|
damaged or wet. If damaged, contact Oreck for service.
|“Check Odor Absorber” light has turned red.||• Odor Absorber||• Replace odor absorber if desired.|
|• If the odor absorber is not replaced, remove old odor absorber to turn off “Check Odor Absorber” light.|
|Does not remove odor.||• Odor Absorber||• Vacuum odor absorber with a soft brush attachment if dirty. Do not|
use any liquids to clean the odor absorber.
|Unit still does not operate properly.||• Check all the above points.||• Contact Oreck for service.|
ORECK MANUFACTURING COMPANY: (Oreck Manufacturing Company gives you the following limited warranty for this product only if it was originally purchased for residential use, not resale, from Oreck or an Oreck Authorized Retail Dealer.)
Oreck will repair or replace, free of charge, to the original purchaser, any part that is found to be defective in material or workmanship within five (5) years of the date of purchase and a lifetime warranty on the Collector Cell for all residential models.
NOTE: If the unit is used commercially, a one (1) year overall warranty applies.
This limited warranty does not cover the replacement of expendable or consumable parts such as filters, cartridges, and other parts subject to normal wear unless they are defective in material or workmanship.
This limited warranty does not apply to any part subjected to accident, abuse, commercial use, alteration, misuse, damage caused by act of God, the use of voltages other than on the data plate of this product or service of this product by other than Oreck or a participating Factory Authorized Service Center.
Oreck does not authorize any person or representative to assume or grant any other warranty obligation with the sale of this product.
Oreck’s limited warranty is valid only if you retain proof of purchase from Oreck or an Oreck Authorized Retail Dealer for this product. If you purchase this product from any other source, your purchase is “AS IS,” which means Oreck grants you no warranty, and that you, not Oreck, assume the entire risk of the quality and performance of this product, including the entire cost of any necessary servicing or repairs of any defects.
Oreck’s liability for damages to you for any costs whatsoever arising out of this statement of limited warranty shall be limited to the amount paid for this product at the time of original purchase, and Oreck shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages arising out of the use or inability to use this product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD, AND NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THIS PERIOD.
Some states do not allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
All rights reserved. All word marks, logos, product configurations and registered trademarks are owned and used under the authority of Oreck Holdings, LLC.
You can download the PDF version of the ORECK Professional Air Purifier User’s Manual here.