Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact us Mon–Fri, 9:00 am–5:00 pm PST/PDT at email@example.com or at (888) 726-8520.
|Power Supply||AC 120V, 60Hz|
|Ideal Room Size||183 ft² / 17 m² Note: • Effective for larger rooms, but purification will take longer. • Ideal Room Size is based on 5 air changes per hour (ACH).|
|CADR||118 CFM / 200.6 m³/h|
|Operating Conditions||Temperature: 14°–104°F / -10°–40°C|
|Humidity: < 85% RH|
|Air Purifier Dimensions||8.1 x 8.1 x 12.6 in / 20.5 x 20.5 x 32 cm|
|Air Purifier Weight||6.6 lb / 3 kg|
Note: To access additional smart functions, download the free VeSync app.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTION SAFETY INFORMATION
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or other injury, follow all instructions and safety guidelines.
- Only use your air purifier as described in this manual.
- Do not use without removing the plastic wrap from the filter. The air purifier will not filter air, and may overheat, causing a fire hazard.
- Do not use the air purifier outdoors.
- Keep the air purifier away from water, and wet or damp areas. Never place in water or liquid.
- Do not use in excessively humid areas.
- Keep the air purifier away from heat sources.
- Do not use where combustible gases, vapors, metallic dust, aerosol (spray) products, or fume from industrial oil are present.
- Keep 5 ft / 1.5 m away from where oxygen is being administered.
- Supervise children when they are near the air purifier.
- Do not place anything into any opening on the air purifier.
- Do not sit or place heavy objects on the air purifier.
- Keep the inside of the air purifier dry. To prevent moisture buildup, avoid placing in rooms with major temperature changes or underneath air conditioners.
- Always unplug the air purifier before servicing (such as changing the filter).
- Do not use the air purifier if it is damaged or not working correctly, or if the cord or plug is damaged. Do not try to repair it yourself. Contact Customer Support (see page 19).
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not use this air purifier with any solid state speed controls (such as a dimmer switch).
- Not for commercial use. Household use only
Power & Cord
- Keep the air purifier near the outlet it is plugged into.
- Never place the cord near any heat source.
- Do not cover the cord with a rug, carpet, or other covering. Do not place the cord under furniture or appliances.
- Keep the cord out of areas where people walk often. Place the cord where it will not be tripped over.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- This air purifier uses standard US 120V, 60Hz outlets. If using outside the US, check for compatibility.
Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
Your Levoit air purifier complies with all standards regarding electromagnetic fields (EMF). If handled properly and according to the instructions in this user manual, the appliance is safe to use based on scientific evidence available today.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR SMART AIR PURIFIER
A. Fan Speed Indicators
B. Fan Speed Button
C. On/Off Button
D. Sleep Mode Button
E. Timer Button
F. Timer Indicators
G. Wi-Fi Indicator
H. Night Light Button
I. Display Lock Button
J. Check Filter Indicator
K. Display Off Button
L. Air Outlet
N. Air Inlet
O. Power Cord
P. Filter Cover
Q. True HEPA Filter
1. Flip the air purifier over. Twist the filter cover counterclockwise and remove it. [Figure 1.1]
2. Remove the filter from its plastic packaging and place the filter back into the air purifier. [Figure 1.2]
3. Replace the filter cover and twist clockwise to lock. [Figure 1.3]
4. Place the air purifier on a flat, stable surface with the display facing up. Allow at least 15 in / 38 cm of clearance on all sides of the air purifier. Keep away from anything that would block airflow, such as curtains. [Figure 1.4]
VESYNC APP SETUP
- To download the VeSync app, scan the QR code or search “VeSync” in the Apple App Store® or Google Play Store.
- Open the VeSync app. Log In or Sign Up.
- Follow the in-app instructions to set up your smart air purifier.
CONNECT WITH AMAZON ALEXA OR GOOGLE ASSISTANT™
You can use the VeSync app to connect your smart air purifier to Amazon Alex Google Assistant™. Please follow the in app instructions to set up your voice assistant.
Note: You must create your own VeSync account to access voice assistants.
USING YOUR SMART AIR PURIFIER
Note: Using the VeSync app allows you to control your air purifier remotely and access additional functions and features.
1. Plug in and tap to turn on the air purifier. The fan will start on level I. [Figure 2.1]
2. Optionally, tap to change fan speed between I, II, and III.
• The indicators are not buttons and cannot be used to change the fan speed.
• The fan speed indicators will light up when active.
• Fan speed III is the loudest, but cleans air the quickest.
• For best results, or to address a specific air quality issue such as smoke, run the air purifier at high speed (level III) for 15–20 minutes before using a lower speed.
• To effectively clean air, keep windows and doors closed while the air purifier is on.
3. Tap to turn off the air purifier. Figure 2.
Sleep Mode dims all icons to half brightness and operates quietly by using a fan speed lower than fan speed I.
Tap to turn Sleep Mode on.
• Tapping will exit Sleep Mode.
• You can still adjust the night light while the air purifier is in Sleep Mode.
You can manually set a timer for 2, 4, or 8 hours using the display buttons. You can also set a timer for 1 to 24 hours through the VeSync app.
1. Tap repeatedly to select a time. The timer will start automatically.
• The indicators are not buttons and cannot be used to select a time.
• The timer indicators will light up blue when active.
• Indicator lights up when a timer is set up through the app.
2. Once the timer has finished, the air purifier will turn off.
3. To cancel a timer, tap until all timer indicators are off.
• You can change the fan speed at any time while the timer is on.
• The timer will restart if the time is changed.
You can choose between 2 night light brightness levels, even when the air purifier is turned off (as long as it is still plugged in).
- Tap once to turn on the light.
- Tap a second time to dim the brightness to half.
- Tap a third time to turn off the light.
Note: Turning off the display will not turn off the night light.
Locking the display prevents settings from being accidentally changed. Buttons will not respond to being tapped.
1. Press and hold for 3 seconds to lock/unlock the display.
2. While the display is locked, will light up If other buttons are tapped, will blink 3 times.
Even while turned off, as long as the air purifier is plugged in, it will remember its previous fan speed, Sleep Mode, and Display Lock settings.
When unplugged, the air purifier will remember the fan speed and Sleep Mode, but not Display Lock or Display Off.
Note: The memory function does not work with timers or night light settings.
VESYNC APP FUNCTIONS
The VeSync app allows you to access additional smart air purifier functions, including those listed below. As the app develops, more features may become available.
- Change any air purifier settings through the app, even while the Display Lock is on.
- Create and customize schedules for your air purifier to match your routines.
- Set a timer setting between 1 and 24 hours.
Filter Replacement Info
- Keep tabs on remaining filter life by checking the filter life percentage in the app.
- Shop for replacement filters.
ABOUT THE FILTER
The air purifier uses a 3-stage filtration system to purify air.
A. Nylon Pre-Filter
- Captures large particles such as dust, lint, fibers, hair, and pet fur.
- Maximizes the filter’s life by protecting it.
B. H13 True HEPA Filter
- Captures at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns (µm) in size.
- Filters small particles such as fine dust, smoke particles, and allergens such as pollen and pet dander.
C. High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter
- Physically adsorbs smoke, odors, and fumes.
- Filters compounds such as formaldehyde, benzene, ammonia hydrogen sulfide and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Note: Levoit air purifiers filter airborne particles 0.3 microns in size. Arovast Corporation makes no claims that this air purifier helps reduce the COVID-19 virus.
Clean Air Delivery Rate
This air purifier has a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 118 cubic feet per minute (CFM), or 200.6 m³/h.
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) measures the efficiency of an air purifier by indicating the volume of clean air that it produces per minute. This is based on removal of dust, pollen, and smoke, which are the 3 most common indoor air pollutants. The higher the CADR, the more particles the air purifier will remove and the larger the area it can clean. The rating is measured at the air purifier’s highest speed.
Air Change per Hour
The air change rate is how many times all of the air in a room can be purified (or “changed”) by the air purifier in 1 hour. Air changes per hour are calculated on the recommended room size, assuming 8 ft / 2.4 m ceilings. For smaller rooms, the air change per hour will increase. This air purifier has an air change per hour of 5, which means it can change air 5 times per hour at the max speed in a single, closed room up to 183 ft² / 17 m². The air purifier is effective for larger rooms, but air purification will take longer, with fewer air changes per hour.
Note: To effectively clean air, keep windows and doors closed while the air purifier is on.
Moisture may damage the filters. This air purifier should be used in an area with a humidity level below 85% RH. If you use the air purifier in excessively humid areas, the surface of the filter will become moldy.
Note: Water or moisture will allow mold to grow. To solve a mold problem, get rid of the source of the moisture and clean up the mold.
Do not add essential oils to the air purifier or filter. The filter will become damaged by the oil and will eventually release an unpleasant smell. Do not use diffusers near the air purifier.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Cleaning the Smart Air Purifier
- Unplug before cleaning.
- Wipe the outside of the air purifier with a soft, dry cloth. If necessary, wipe the housing with a damp cloth, then immediately dry.
- Vacuum the inside of the air purifier.
- Do not clean with abrasive chemicals or flammable cleaning agents.
Check Filter Indicator
It will light up as a reminder to check the filter. Depending on how often you use the air purifier, the indicator should turn on within 6–8 months. You may not need to replace your filter yet, but you should check it when turns on.
Cleaning the Filter
The outer pre-filter should be cleaned every 2–4 weeks to increase efficiency and extend the life of your filter. Clean the pre-filter using a soft brush or vacuum hose to remove hair, dust, and large particles. Do not clean the filter with water or other liquids. [Figure 3.1]
Resetting the Check Filter Indicator
Reset the Check Filter Indicator when:
A. lights up red.
- Replace the filter (see page 13).
- Turn on the air purifier.
- Press and hold for 3 seconds will blink 3 times and turn off once successfully reset.
B. The filter was changed before lit up.
- Press and hold for 3 seconds will blink 3 times and turn off once successfully reset.
Note: You can also reset the Check Filter Indicator in the VeSync app.
When Should I Replace the Filter?
Check the VeSync app to see your remaining filter life.
The filter should be replaced every 6–8 months. You may need to replace your filter sooner or later depending on how often you use your air purifier. Using your air purifier in an environment with relatively high pollution may mean you will need to replace the filter more often, even if is off.
You may need to replace your filter if you notice:
• Increased noise when the air purifier is on
• Decreased airflow
• Unusual odors
• A visibly clogged filter
• To maintain the performance of your air purifier, only use official Levoit filters. To buy replacement filters, visit Levoit’s online store. Go to levoit.com for more information.
• Remember to reset after changing the filter (see page 12).
Replacing the Filter
- Unplug the air purifier. Flip the air purifier over and remove the filter cover (see Getting Started).
- Remove the old filter.
- Clean out any remaining dust or hair inside the air purifier using a vacuum hose. Do not use water or liquids to clean the air purifier. [Figure 3.2]
- Unwrap the new filter and place it into the housing (see Getting Started).
- Replace the cover. Plug in the air purifier.
- Reset the Check Filter Indicator (see page 12).
If not using the air purifier for an extended period of time, wrap both the air purifier and the filter in plastic packaging and store in a dry place to avoid moisture damage.
If your problem is not listed, please contact Customer Support
Download the full PDF version of the manual here