Models:- MPF08CR71, MPF10CR71, MPF12CR71, MPF14CR71
Rated voltage: 115 V
Rated power: 900 ~ 1575W
Capacity: 8000 ~ 14000 BTU/h
Warning notices: Before using this product, please read this manual carefully and keep it for future reference.
The design and specifications are subject to change without prior notice for product improvement.
Consult with your dealer or manufacturer for details.
Read This Manual
Inside you will find many helpful hints on how to use and maintain your air conditioner properly. Just a little preventive care on your part can save you a great deal of time and money over the life of your air conditioner. You’ll find many answers to common problems in the chart of troubleshooting tips – you should be able to fix most of them quickly before calling service. These instructions may not cover every possible condition of use, so common sense and care for safety is required when installing, operating and maintaining this product.
- Contact the authorized service technician for repair or maintenance of this unit.
- Contact the installer for installation of this unit.
- The air conditioner is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without supervision.
- Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the air conditioner.
- If the power cord needs to be replaced, please contact our consumer service and look for an authorized technician.
- Electrical installation must be performed in accordance to national regulation standards by qualified personnel only.
To prevent injury to the user or other people and property damage, the following
instructions must be followed. Incorrect operation due to ignoring of instructions may cause harm or damage. The seriousness is classified by the following indications.
This symbol indicates the possibility of death or serious injury.
This symbol indicates the possibility of injury or damage to
Please read through these instructions before you start the installation process.
Improper installation can cause damage to the unit, your personal property, and also poses a personal safety hazard.
- Installation must be performed according to the installation instructions. Improper installation can cause water leakage, electrical shock, or fire.
- Use only the included accessories and parts, and specified tools for the installation. Using non-standard parts can cause water leakage, electrical shock, fire, and injury or property damage.
- Make sure that the outlet you are using is grounded and has the appropriate voltage. The power cord is equipped with a three-prong grounding plug to protect against shock. Voltage information can be found on the side of the unit, behind the grille.
- Install the unit in on a flat, sturdy surface. Failure to do so could result in damage or excessive noise and vibration.
- The unit must be kept free from obstruction to ensure proper function and to mitigate safety hazards.
- DO NOT modify the length of the power cord or use an extension cord to power the unit. DO NOT share a single outlet with other electrical appliances. Improper power supply can cause fire or electrical shock.
- DO NOT install your air conditioner in a wet room such as a bathroom or laundry room. Too much exposure to water can cause electrical components to short circuit.
- DO NOT install the unit in a location that may be exposed to combustible gas, as this could cause fire.
- The unit has wheels to facilitate moving. Make sure not to use the wheels on thick carpet or to roll over objects, as these could cause tipping.
- DO NOT operate a unit that has been dropped or damaged.
- Only use the included accessories and specified parts for installation. Using nonstandard parts can cause water leakage, electrical shock, fire, and injury or property damage.
- The unit must be kept free from obstruction to ensure proper function.
- DO NOT allow children to play with the air conditioner. Children must be supervised around the unit at all times.
- If the air conditioner is knocked over during use, turn off the unit and unplug it from the main power supply immediately. Visually inspect the unit to ensure there is no damage. If you suspect the unit has been damaged, contact a technician or customer service for assistance.
- In a thunderstorm, the power must be cut off to avoid damage to the machine due to lightning.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and person with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision. (be applicable for the European Countries)
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. (be applicable for other countries except the European Countries)
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Prior to cleaning or other maintenance, the appliance must be disconnected from the supply mains.
- Do not install the appliance in a location that may be exposed to combustible gas.
- If combustible gas accumulates around the unit, it may cause fire.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- Do not operate unit with a damaged cord or plug. Discard unit or return to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not use this fan with any solid-state speed control device.
- The appliance shall be installed in accordance with national wiring regulations.
- Contact the authorised service technician for repair or maintenance of this unit.
- Contact the authorised installer for installation of this unit.
- When there are wide differences between “USER’S MANUAL” and “Remote Controller Illustration” on function description, the description on “USER’S MANUAL“ shall prevail.
- Do not operate your air conditioner in a wet room such as a bathroom or laundry room.
Unit Specifications and Features
Design and Compliance Notes
In order to ensure the optimal performance of our products, the design specifications of the unit and remote control are subject to change without prior notice.
Energy Rating Information:
The Energy Rating for this unit is based on an installation using an un-extended exhaust duct without adapters A or B (as shown in the Installation section of this manual).
Unit Temperature Range:
Key Pad Features
Swing Button (optional)
(Applicable to the models with auto swing feature only)
Used to initiate the Auto swing feature.
When the operation is ON, press the SWING button can stop the louver at the desired angle.
Sleep (Eco)/Filter button
Used to initiate the SLEEP/ECO operation
After 250 hours of operation, the filter indicator light illuminates. This feature is a reminder to clean the Air Filter for more efficient operation. Press this button for 3 seconds to cancel the reminder.
Used to initiate the AUTO ON start time and AUTO OFF stop time program, in conjunction with the + & – buttons. The timer on/off indicator light illuminates under the timer on/off settings.
Fan/Ion button (Ion is optional)
Control the fan speed. Press to select the fan speed in four steps – LOW, MID, HIGH
and AUTO. The fan speed indicator light illuminates under different fan settings.
Press this button for 3 seconds to initiate ION feature. The ion generator i s energized and will help to remove pollen and impurities from the air, and trap them in the filter. Press it for 3 seconds again to stop the ION feature.
Selects the appropriate operating mode.
Each time you press the button, a mode is selected in a sequence that goes
from AUTO, COOL, DRY, FAN and HEAT (cooling only models without). The mode indicator light illuminates under the different mode settings.
Up (+) and Down (-) buttons Used to adjust (increasing/decreasing)
temperature settings in 1°C/1°F increments in a range of 17°C/62°F to
30°C/86°F or the TIMER setting in a range of 0 ~ 24hrs.
The control is capable of displaying temperature in degrees Fahrenheit or degrees Celsius. To convert from one to the other, press and hold the Up and Down buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
Power switch on/off.
Shows the set temperature in °C or °F and the Auto-timer settings. While on
DRY and FAN modes, it shows the room temperature.
Shows Error codes and protection code:
E1 – Room temperature sensor error.
E2 – Evaporator temperature sensor error.
E3 – Condenser temperature sensor error (on some models).
E4 – Display panel communication error.
E7 – Zero-crossing malfunction.
P1 – Bottom tray is full — Connect the drain hose and drain the collected water away. If protection repeats, call for service.
When one of the above malfunctions occurs, turn off the unit, and check for any obstructions. Restart the unit, if the malfunction is still present, turn off the unit and unplug the power cord. Contact the manufacturer or its service agents or a similar qualified person for service.
- Press the “MODE” button until the “COOL” indicator light comes on.
- Press the ADJUST buttons “+” or “-” to select your desired room temperature. The temperature can be set within a range of 17°C~30°C/62°F~86°F.
- Press the “FAN SPEED” button to choose the fan speed.
(cooling only models without)
- Press the “MODE” button until the “HEAT” indicator light comes on.
- Press the ADJUST buttons “+” or “ – “ to select your desired room temperature.
The temperature can be set within a range of 17°C~30°C/62°F~86°F.
- Press the “FAN SPEED” button to choose the fan speed. For some models, the fan speed can not be adjusted under HEAT mode.
- Press the “MODE” button until the “DRY” indicator light comes on.
- Under this mode, you cannot select a fan speed or adjust the temperature. The fan motor operates at LOW speed.
- Keep windows and doors closed for the best dehumidifying effect.
- Do not put the duct to window.
- When you set the air conditioner in AUTO mode, it will automatically select cooling, heating (cooling only models without), or fan only operation depending on what temperature you have selected and the room temperature.
- The air conditioner will control room temperature automatically round the temperature point set by you.
- Under AUTO mode, you can not select the fan speed.
- Press the “MODE” button until the ”FAN“ indicator light comes on.
- Press the “FAN SPEED” button to choose the fan speed. The temperature can not be adjusted.
- Do not put the duct to window.
- When the unit is on, press the Timer button will initiate the Auto-off stop program, the TIMER OFF indicator light illuminates. Press the UP or down button to select the desired time. Press the TIMER button again within 5 seconds, the Auto-on start program is initiated. And the TIMER ON indicator light illuminates. Press the up or down button to select the desired Auto-on start time.
- When the unit is off, press the Timer button to initiate the Auto-on start program, press it again within five seconds will initiate the Auto-off stop program.
- Press or hold the UP or DOWN button to change the Auto time by 0.5 hour increments, up to 10 hours, then at 1 hour increments up to 24 hours. The control will count down the time remaining until start.
- The system will automatically revert back to display the previous temperature setting if there is no operation in a 5 seconds period.
- Turning the unit ON or OFF at any time or adjusting the timer setting to 0.0 will cancel the Auto Start/Stop timer program.
- When the malfunction occurs, the Auto Start/Stop timed program will also be canceled.
Press this button, the selected temperature will increase (cooling) or decrease
(heating) by 1°C/1°F 30 minutes. The temperature will then increase (cooling)
or decrease (heating) by another 1°C/1°F after an additional 30 minutes. This new
temperature will be maintained for 7 hours before it returns to the originally selected temperature. This ends the Sleep/Eco mode and the unit will continue to operate as originally programmed.
This feature is unavailable under FAN or DRY mode.
FOLLOW ME/TEMP SENSING Feature (optional)
This feature can be activated from the remote control ONLY. The remote control serves as a remote thermostat allowing for the precise temperature control at its location.
To activate the Follow Me/Temp Sensing feature, point the remote control towards the unit and press the Follow Me/Temp Sensing button. The remote display is actual temperature at its location. The remote control will send this signal to the air conditioner every 3 minutes interval until press the Follow Me/Temp Sensing button again. If the unit does not receive the Follow Me/Temp Sensing signal during any 7 minutes interval, the unit will beep to indicate the Follow Me/Temp Sensing mode has ended.
If the unit breaks off unexpectedly due to the power cut, it will restart with the previous function setting automatically when the power resumes.
WAIT 3 MINUTES BEFORE RESUMING OPERATION
After the unit has stopped, it can not be restarted operation in the first 3 minutes. This is to protect the unit. Operation will automatically start after 3 minutes.
AIR FLOW DIRECTION ADJUSTMENT
The louver can be adjusted automatically. Adjust the air flow direction automatically.
On some models the louver can be adjusted manually only):
- When the Power is ON, the louver opens fully.
- Press the SWING button on the panel or remote controller to initiate the Auto swing feature. The louver will swing up and down automatically.
- Please do not adjust the louver manually.
- During dehumidifying modes, remove the upper drain plug from the back of the unit, install the drain connector (5/8” universal female mender) with 3/4” hose (locally purchased). For the models without drain connector, just attach the drain hose to the hole. Place the open end of the hose directly over the drain area in your basement floor.
- During heating pump mode, remove the lower drain plug from the back of the unit, install the drain connector (5/8” universal female mender) with 3/4” hose (locally purchased). For the models without drain connector, just attach the drain hose to the hole. Place the open end of the Hose adaptor directly over the drain area in your basement floor.
- Make sure the hose is secure so there are no leaks. Direct the hose toward the drain, making sure that there are no kinks that will stop the water flowing. Place the end of the hose into the drain and make sure the end of the hose is down to let the water flow smoothly. (See Figs with ). Do never let it up. (See Figs with X ). When the continuous drain hose is not used, ensure that the corresponding drain plug and knob are installed firmly to prevent leakage.
- When the water level of the bottom tray reaches a predetermined level, the unit beeps 8 times, the digital display area shows “P1”. At this time the air conditioning/dehumidification process will immediately stop. However, the fan motor will continue to operate (this is normal). Carefully move the unit to a drain location, remove the bottom drain plug and let the water drain away. Reinstall the bottom drain plug and restart the machine until the “P1” symbol disappears. If the error repeats, call for service.
Be sure to reinstall the bottom drain plug firmly to prevent leakage before using the unit.
Choosing the Right Location
Your installation location should meet the following requirements:
- Make sure that you install your unit on an even surface to minimize noise and vibration.
- The unit must be installed near a grounded plug, and the Collection Tray Drain (found on the back of the unit) must be accessible.
- The unit should be located at least 30 cm (12”) from the nearest wall to ensure proper air conditioning.
- DO NOT cover the Intakes, Outlets or Remote Signal Receptor of the unit, as this could cause damage to the unit.
Note About Fluorinated Gasses
- This air-conditioning unit is a hermetically sealed unit that contains fluorinated gasses. For specific information on the type of gas and the amount, please refer to the relevant label on the unit itself.
- Installation, service, maintenance and repair of this unit must be performed by a certified technician.
- Product uninstallation and recycling must be performed by a certified technician.
- If the system has a leak-detection system installed, it must be checked for leaks at least every 12 months.
- When the unit is checked for leaks, proper record-keeping of all checks is strongly recommended.
All the illustrations in the manual are for explanation purpose only. Your machine
may be slightly different.
The actual shape shall prevail.
The unit can be controlled by the unit control panel alone or with the remote
controller. This manual does not include Remote Controller Operations, see the
<<Remote Controller Instruction>> packed with the unit for details.
- Medium Philips screwdriver;
- Tape measure or ruler;
- Knife or scissors;
- Saw (optional, to shorten window adaptor for narrow windows).
Your Window Installation Kit fits windows 67.5-123 cm (26.5-48”) and can be shortened for smaller windows.
Window Installation Kit
Once the Exhaust Hose assembly and Adjustable Window Slider are prepared,
choose from one of the following two installation methods.
To ensure proper function, DO NOT overextend or bend the hose. Make sure that there is no obstacle around the air outlet of the exhaust hose (in the range of 500mm) in order to the exhaust system works properly. All the illustrations in this manual are for explanation purpose only. Your air conditioner may be slightly different. The actual shape shall prevail.
Care and Cleaning
- Always unplug the unit before cleaning or servicing.
- DO NOT use flammable liquids or chemicals to clean the unit.
- DO NOT wash the unit under running water. Doing so causes electrical danger.
- DO NOT operate the machine if the power supply was damaged during cleaning.
- A damaged power cord must be replaced with a new cord from the manufacturer.
Clean the Air Filter
• Be sure to clean the air filter every 2 weeks for optimal performance.
• The water collection tray should be drained immediately after P1 error occurs, and before storage to prevent mold.
• In households with animals, you will have to periodically wipe down the grill to prevent blocked airflow due to animal hair.
Clean the Unit
Clean the unit using a damp, lint-free cloth and mild detergent. Dry the unit with a dry, lint-free cloth.
Store the Unit When Not in Use
- Drain the unit’s water collection tray according to the instructions in the following section.
- Run the appliance on FAN mode for 12 hours in a warm room to dry it and prevent mold.
- Turn off the appliance and unplug it.
- Clean the air filter according to the instructions in the previous section. Reinstall the clean, dry filter before storing.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
Be sure to store the unit in a cool, dark place. Exposure to direct sunshine or extreme heat can shorten the lifespan of the unit.
Please check the machine according to the following form before asking for maintenance:
Download full PDF user manual here.