1. Remove the product identification sticker from the front of the insert
2. Attach the Product Identification Sticker to the Manual below for future reference. This information is used for product registration and also is necessary for customer service.
Attach Product Identification Sticker Here
3. Go to www.tsicustomerservice.com for product warranty registration.
READ ALSO: Brinkmann CHARCOAL SMOKER OWNER’S MANUAL (810-5502)
VOLTAGE: 120VAC, 60 Hz
AMPS: 12.5 Amps
WATTS (max.): 1500 Watts
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury to persons including the following:
1. Read all instructions before using this appliance.
2. This appliance is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If provided, use handles when moving this appliance. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m) from the front of this appliance.
WARNING: In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater.
3. CAUTION: Never leave the heater operating unattended. Extreme caution is necessary if unsupervised children or invalids are nearby.
4. The appliance is not to be used by children or persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction.
5. Always unplug this appliance when not in use.
6. Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or if it has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
7. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate this appliance where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
10. Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners or the like. Arrange cord away from traffic areas and where it will not be tripped over.
11. To disconnect this appliance, turn controls to the off position, then remove plug from outlet.
12. Connect to properly grounded outlets only, See Fig.1. Do not use a 2 prong adapters.
13. This appliance, when installed, must be electrically grounded in accordance with local codes or, in the absence of local codes, with the current CSA C22.1 Canadian Electrical Code or for U.S.A. installations, follow local codes and the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA NO.70.
14. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the appliance.
15. To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where opening may become blocked.
16. This appliance has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint or flammable liquids are used or stored. This fireplace should not be used as a drying rack for clothing. Christmas stockings or decorations should not be hung in the area of it.
17. Use this appliance only as described in the manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
18. Always plug heaters directly into a wall outlet/ receptacle. Never use with an extension cord or relocatable power tap (outlet/power strip).
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
The heater can be operated by either the remote control or the control panel.
|Problem||Root Cause||Corrective Action|
|Heater does not blow warm air.||. Dirty filters|
. Not reaching set temperature.
.Not reaching set temperature.
|. Clean or replace filters.|
Periodic cleaning/vacuuming of the filter is recommended.
. Perform a master reset; turn off and unplug unit. Hold down main power button on the unit itself. Continue to hold button down while plugging unit back in. Once unit is plugged back in continue to hold button for 5 seconds and then release. Turn unit back on and temperature should flash 72 degrees then display the ambient room temperature.
.Unit is designed to be used an supplemental heating. To be used in conjunction with primary heat source.
|Temperature display not matching room temperature.||Calibration.||Clean filter|
|Why is my unit taking a long time to reach desired room temperature?||.Dirty filter|
.Improper use of unit
.Use of surge protector/ extension
|.Unit is designed to be used an supplemental heating. To be used in conjunction with primary heat source.|
.Unit should be located on an inside wall with proper insulation. Unit heats UP TO 1000 square feet.
.3-6 inches away from the wall for proper air circulation
.Plug unit directly into the wall outlet.
.Turn the POWER to “OFF” and unplug the unit from the wall outlet for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes plug the unit back into wall outlet, and operate as normal. If the problem persists contact customer service.
|Temperature will not change||Defective control panel circuit board||Replace control panel circuit board.|
|Unit continues to run after reaching set temperature/or powering off.||Cool down cycle||Normal operation, will continue to run for several minutes before shutting down. Times will vary based on heat time. UNIT WILL BLOW COOL AIR|
|Unit kicks on randomly.||Ambient room temperature scan.||Normal operation, unit will randomly run to test air temperature.|
Will run 3 minute of cool air and 3 minutes of warm air.
|Switches do not work.||Defective control panel circuit|
|Lights on control panel do not illuminate.||Defective control panel circuit|
|Replace control panel circuit board.|
|How many quartz heating elements are in unit?||10 QI||6 heating elements.|
|Remote Control is not working.||No batteries or poor signal||Change the remote batteries.|
Operate remote transmitter at a slow measured pace.
Press the remote control buttons with an even motion
and gentle pressure. Repeatedly pressing buttons in rapid
succession may cause the transmitter to malfunction.
|1||Control panel circuit board|
|3||Main Circuit Board|
READ ALSO: Instant OMNITM PLUS TOASTER OVEN User Manual
Note, the scale and size of your parts may be different depending on your exact model
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- • Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- • Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- • Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. • Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Modifications not approved by the party responsible for compliance could void user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
NOTE: Do not mix old and new batteries.
Do not mix alkaine, standard (carbon zinc), or rechargable (nicad, nimh, etc.) batteries.
3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The manufacturer warrants that your new Electric Heater is free from manufacturing and material defects for a period of three years from date of puchase, subject to the following conditions and limitations.
1. Install and operate this Electric Heater in accordance with the installation and operating instructions furnished with the product at all times. Any unauthorized repair, alteration, willful abuse, accident, or misuse of the product shall nullify this warranty.
2. This warranty is non-transferable, and is made to the original owner, provided that the purchase was made through an authorized supplier of the product.
3. The warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of part(s) found to be defective in material or workmanship, provided that such part(s) have been subjected to normal conditions of use and service, after said defect is confirmed by the manufacturer’s inspection.
4. The manufacturer may, at its discretion, fully discharge all obligations with respect to this warranty by refunding the wholesale price of the defective part(s).
5. Any installation, labor, construction, transportation, or other related costs/expenses arising from defective part(s), repair, replacement, or othe wise of same, will not be covered by this warranty, nor shall the manufacturer assume responsibility for same.
6. The owner/user assumes all other risks, if any, including the risk of any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of the use, or inability to use the product,except as provided by law.
7. All other warranties – expressed or implied –with respect to the product, its components and accessories, or any obligations/liabilities on the part of the manufacturer are hereby expressly excluded.
8. The manufacturer neither assumes, nor authorizes any third party to assume on its behalf, any other liabilities with respect to the sale of the product.
9. The warranties as outlined within this document do not apply to non accessories used in conjunction with the installation of this product.
10.This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
This warranty is void if:
a. The Heater is subjected to prolonged periods of dampness or condensation.
b. Any unauthorized alteration, willful abuse, accident, or misuse of the product.
c. You do not have the original receipt of purchase.
For Customer Service Call 1-800-318-9373
Questions? Our experts are standing by assist you at our Toll-Free help line, we can help you with assembly, and, if necessary replace damaged/missing parts. Assistance is available 7 days a week/24 hours a day/ 365 days per year.
Before contacting Customer Service please have this information available:
• Serial Number
• Model Number
• Sales Receipt or Proof of Purchase
You can download the PDF version of Duraflame User Manual (Models 10HM8000, 10HM2273, 10HM4128, 10HM1342, 10HM4126, 10HM2274, 10HM4124) here