To help provide maximum security, bolt down is strongly recommended.
1. Select a suitable and convenient location for your safe. Set the safe in place and use the holes provided in the bottom or back of the safe to mark the location of the holes to be drilled in the floor or wall. It is not recommended to attempt to bolt to both floor and wall. If bolting to a wall, please ensure that the safe is resting on a supporting surface, i.e. floor, table or shelf.
2. Move the safe away and drill holes of the appropriate diameter and depth for the type of hardware being used and the mounting surface (2 each – bolts, washers and masonry anchors).
3. Place the safe back over the holes and install the fasteners as required.
For safes with key lock only
Your SentrySafe product is equipped with a high security, 8 lever key lock; two (2) keys are provided.
For safes with electronic lock
IMPORTANT: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE THE OVERRIDE KEY IN YOUR SAFE.
To power the lock, four alkaline AA batteries (not included) are required. NOTE: Do not use rechargeable batteries or any other type of non-alkaline battery. Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix alkaline and standard batteries.
To install batteries, remove cover between knob and keypad. (Fig. A) Unlock door with the override key provided in the plastic bag attached to the owner’s manual, and open the door using the knob. Remove battery cover located on the inside back of the door by sliding to the right. (Fig. B) Insert the four batteries as indicated. Replace the battery cover.
Your safe code is: 1, 7, 5, 0, 0
Enter the code (when a key is pressed, there will be a beep and the LED will flash yellow) followed by pressing the “#” key. Green LED will remain on for 5 seconds. Within 5 seconds, turn the knob clockwise to open the safe door.
IMPORTANT: All safe models initially work with the safe code 1, 7,5 Q Q. It is therefore important to re-program your safe with a new user code you have personally selected, to provide maximum security. Please see instructions that follow.
To program your new user code:
Open the door, remove the battery cover and press the key button inside the battery compartment on the door back. Yellow LED will go on. Enter your new code (2-8 digits) followed by the “#” key. Yellow LED will go off to indicate the new code has been accepted and stored.
If the new programming attempt fails, the yellow LED will flash with five beeps. You must attempt your new code again.
NOTE: Once your code is changed, keep it in a secure place. Your original safe code cannot be used again to open the safe.
To open in emergency:
Remove the cover between knob and keypad, then use the override key and turn it clockwise. While holding key in turned position, turn the knob clockwise to open the door.
To order replacement keys and/or combinations, we must have the correct model and serial number of your safe. Find your safe’s Serial Number on the small label located on the outside of your safe and on the original owner’s manual. Once you locate this information, please visit www.sentrysafe.com or call customer service at 1-800-828-1438.
To change the batteries:
The red light will go on when a key is pressed. This indicates the batteries are low. Open the safe door and replace with new batteries.
Thank you for purchasing this SentrySafe product
This safe was made by SentrySafe with care and pride. To enjoy the greatest protection and satisfaction from your safe, please read the information in this packet and keep it for future reference. If you require assistance, please contact us at www.sentrysafe.com.
Provided that the conditions for warranty eligibility are met, this product is warranted to the original, registered purchaser for one (1) year from the date of purchase to be free of structural and mechanical defects due to faulty materials or workmanship. If a structural or mechanical defect occurs during the warranty period, SentrySafe will, at its option, (1) repair or replace the defective part(s) or product at no charge; (2) issue a refund of the purchase price paid for the product; or (3) issue a credit to be applied against the purchase of a new SentrySafe product. Shipping/delivery charges may apply and are in SentrySafe’s sole discretion.
To be eligible for warranty coverage, the original purchaser must register the safe online at www.sentrysafe.com or complete and return to SentrySafe the enclosed registration card.
For Warranty Service (North America only)
To obtain service under the Limited Warranty, please contact the SentrySafe Customer Care Department by phone at 1-800-828-1438 or via the internet at www.sentrysafe.com.
Do not ship your product back to SentrySafe. The SentrySafe Customer Care Department will decide whether to repair or replace your product, issue a refund, or issue a credit.
Limitations Of Warranty
1. SentrySafe’s responsibility and the buyer’s exclusive remedy under the Limited Warranty are limited to the terms stated herein. IN NO EVENT SHALL SENTRYSAFE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE DUE TO FIRE, WATER, THEFT OR VANDALISM INCLUDING CONTENTS OR LOST DATA) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO ANY PRODUCT. Some states, provinces and countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
2. EXCEPT AS MAY BE OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SENTRYSAFE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER COVENANTS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Any implied warranty applicable to this product shall not exceed the standard one year limited warranty. Some states, provinces and countries do not allow disclaimers of implied warranties or limitations on their duration, so the above disclaimer and/or limitation may not apply to you.
3. SentrySafe is not responsible for damage, defects, or malfunction to the product incurred during shipment. The product was packed in accordance with Interstate Commerce Commission specifications, and with reasonable handling, should be in good condition on arrival. Any claims for shipping damage should be made directly to the carrier.
4. This Limited Warranty does not cover defects, damage, or malfunction caused by modification, alteration, repair or service of the product by anyone other than SentrySafe or its authorized representative, or caused by physical abuse to or misuse of the product. SentrySafe specifically disclaims coverage for damage that may result from the improper handling of the product during moving and/or installation.
5. No SentrySafe agent, employee, representative, dealer or retailer has the authority to make or imply any representation, promise or agreement which in any way varies the terms of this Limited Warranty.
6. This Limited Warranty shall apply to new, first quality SentrySafe products and shall not apply to factory seconds or previously-owned products, or products previously damaged by such events including, but not limited to, fire, flood, earthquake, burglary, handling by movers or installers.
All of the provisions of this Limited Warranty are separate and severable. If any provision is held invalid and unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state, province to province, or country to country.
You can download the PDF version of SentrySafe Security Safe Owner’s Manual here.