IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS: PLEASE READ AND SAVE THIS INSTRUCTION AND CARE MANUAL.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed, including:
• Read all instructions.
• Remove all bags and packaging from appliance before use.
• Never leave appliance unattended when in use.
• Make sure the appliance is cleaned thoroughly before using.
• Do not use appliance for other than its intended use. For household use only. Do not use outdoors.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
• Do not operate this appliance with a damaged cord, damaged plug, after the appliance malfunctions, is dropped, or damaged in any manner. Return
appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
• For maintenance other than cleaning, please contact StoreBound directly at 1-800-898-6970 from 7AM-7PM PT Monday-Friday or by email at email@example.com.
• Only use approved ingredients with this product. Other food may damage the appliance.
• The Deluxe Egg Cooker will turn on when plugged in and the power switch has been activated. When all the water has evaporated from the Heating Plate,
a buzzer will sound and the Heating Plate will turn off. If the switch is not turned off immediately, the Heating Plate will cycle on and off until the Deluxe
Egg Cooker is turned off.
• Make sure the Lid is securely in place before turning on the appliance.
• When cleaning the Body, do not submerge in water or other liquids. Instead, use a soft damp cloth to wipe down the appliance.
• Do not put your hands or other objects into the Deluxe Egg Cooker while it is in operation. If food spills on the Heating Plate, turn off the Deluxe Egg
Cooker and let cool completely before cleaning.
• Keep hands and utensils away from the Heating Plate while cooking eggs to reduce the risk of injury or damage to the Deluxe Egg Cooker.
• Internal base and contents (water and eggs) of the Deluxe Egg Cooker are hot when in use. Let cool before handling and/or cleaning.
• Do not touch the Heating Plate when the Deluxe Egg Cooker is hot. Use the handles.
• If using a longer power-supply cord or extension cord, make sure the electrical rating of the wire is compatible with the appliance.
• Use extreme caution when handling the Measuring Cup as there is a sharp Pin on the bottom of the cup which may cause injury.
• If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord.
• Warning: the Lid and Base Ring get hot when in use. When eggs are done, carefully remove the Lid When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed, including: by the handle and the Base Ring with a towel or oven mitt. Allow the parts to cool completely before touching or cleaning.
• NEVER place the Poaching Trays or Omelette Bowl directly on the Heating Plate. Always place on top of the Boiling Trays.
• Make sure the Deluxe Egg Cooker is off before removing eggs.
• Do not place appliance on or near a hot gas burner, hot electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• Refrain from using attachments that are not recommended by the appliance manufacturer, as this may result in fire, electric shock, or personal injury.
• Do not let the cord touch hot surfaces, or hang over the edges of tables or counters.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they are provided with supervision and instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• Always be sure to unplug the appliance from the outlet prior to moving, cleaning, storage, and when not in use.
• StoreBound shall not accept liability for damages caused by improper use of the appliance.
• Improper use of the appliance can result in property damage or even in personal injury.
• This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not completely fit in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
• A short power supply cord is to be provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. An extension cord may be used if care is exercised in its use. If an extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance. The extension cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
PARTS & FEATURES
USING YOUR DELUXE EGG COOKER
Soft, Medium, and Hard-Boiled eggs:
The times listed below are guidelines so that you will know how long it will take to cook the eggs. The thermostat in the Deluxe Egg Cooker will shut off automatically and a buzzer will sound when the eggs are done – no additional timer is necessary. The following time guidelines are for cold large eggs. Extra
large or jumbo eggs may require additional water and time in the cooker to achieve desired results.
Omelettes & Poached Eggs:
For omelettes or poached eggs, fill the Measuring Cup with water to the designated Poached/ Omelette Line. This line is applicable for 7 poached eggs or an omelette made with 2-3 eggs.
Mix and Match
With the Deluxe Egg Cooker, you can now mix and match your eggs. Please refer to the following guidelines for a few ideas.
- Make sure the Deluxe Egg Cooker is unplugged before starting. Pierce the larger end of each egg with the Pin attached to the bottom of the Measuring Cup.
2. Use the Measuring Cup to pour the appropriate amount of cold water onto the Heating Plate.
3. Place Large Boiling Tray on Body. Place 8 eggs in the designated spots in the tray. Make sure that the holes in the larger end of the eggs are pointed upwards. Do not let the eggs touch the Heating Plate.
Note: When making less than a dozen eggs, you may use either the Large Boiling Tray or the Small Boiling Tray. If only using the Large Boiling Tray, the
Lid can be placed right over the Base Ring without the Small Boiling Tray.
4. Place Base Ring over Large Boiling Tray.
5. Set Small Boiling Tray on top of Base Ring.
6. Place an egg in each of the designated openings in the Small Boiling Tray so that the larger ends of the eggs are pointed upwards.
7. Cover with Lid and plug in Deluxe Egg Cooker. Press the power switch on the Body to start cooking.
8. When the eggs are finished cooking, a buzzer will sound. Press the power switch to silence the buzzer. Actual cooking time will depend on number of eggs and desired style. Uncover Lid by using the Lid Handle and remove eggs with heat-resistant tongs. Do not touch the parts with bare hands as they will be hot!
Tip: Soak eggs in ice water or run under cold water immediately after removing from the Deluxe Egg Cooker to stop the cooking process and to make peeling easier.
USING THE POACHING TRAYS
1. Fill the Measuring Cup with cold water to the Poached / Omelette Line. Pour cold water onto the Heating Plate.
2. Place Large Boiling Tray on the Body first, and then place the 4 Egg Poaching Tray on top. Spray Poaching Trays with a little cooking spray. Break an egg into each poaching section.
Note: Make sure to always place Poaching Trays on top of the Boiling Trays and never directly on the Heating Plate.
3. Place Base Ring over Large Boiling Tray. Then, place Small Boiling Tray over Base Ring and set the 3 Egg Poaching Tray on top. Break an egg into each poaching section.
Cover with Lid and plug in the Deluxe Egg Cooker. Press the power switch on the Body to start cooking. When the buzzer sounds, switch the Deluxe Egg Cooker off and remove eggs immediately to avoid overcooking. If you like firmer eggs, leave them in the Deluxe Egg Cooker for a few extra minutes. Use tongs or oven mitts when handling Poaching Trays as they will be hot!
USING THE OMELETTE BOWL
- Fill the Measuring Cup with cold water to the Poached / Omelette Line. Pour cold water onto the Heating Plate.
2. Spray Omelette Bowl with a little cooking spray. Whisk eggs in a bowl before pouring into Omelette Bowl. Place Large Boiling Tray on the Body and place Omelette Bowl on top.
Note: Make sure to always place Omelette Bowl on top of the Boiling Tray and never directly on the Heating Plate.
3. Place Base Ring on the Body and then cover with Lid. Plug in the Deluxe Egg Cooker and press the power switch to begin cooking. When the buzzer sounds, switch the Deluxe Egg Cooker off and open the Lid. It is normal for the eggs to expand while cooking. They will contract once the Lid has been opened. Remove your omelette with a spatula.
Note: To make mini omelettes, whisk each egg individually and cook in Poaching Trays (one egg per each poaching section). We recommend using 4 oz. of water for 7 mini omelettes.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
CAUTION: DURING AND AFTER USE, THE DELUXE EGG COOKER IS HOT.
• Do not attempt to clean your Deluxe Egg Cooker until the appliance has cooled.
• Do not submerge the Body in water or other liquids.
• The Body of the Deluxe Egg Cooker is not dishwasher safe.
• Before cleaning or moving the appliance, make sure to unplug the Deluxe Egg Cooker.
• Wash the Deluxe Egg Cooker accessories and Lid with some warm water & soap or place in top shelf of dishwasher.
• Wipe down the Body and Heating Plate with a damp cloth.
• Dry all parts thoroughly. When storing, place the accessories on the Heating Plate and cover with the Lid.
CLEANING THE HEATING PLATE:
• Your Deluxe Egg Cooker will not rust. Over time, the Deluxe Egg Cooker may begin to develop some mineral deposits on the Heating Plate. While this may look like rust, it is merely the residue of natural minerals present in your water.
• Below are two different ways to properly clean the Heating Plate.
• Clean the Heating Plate with a mild solution of water and vinegar (10 parts water : 1 part vinegar) from time to time.
• Gently scrub the Heating Plate in a circular motion with a “magic eraser” type sponge and a little warm water.
Although your Deluxe Egg Cooker is simple to use and durable, please refer to the following list if problems occur:
|The Indicator Light does not turn on.||Ensure that the power cord is plugged into the power outlet.|
Check to make sure the power outlet is operating correctly.
Press the power switch (located on the front of your Deluxe Egg Cooker).
Determine if a power failure has occurred in your home, apartment, or building.
|The eggs are over or under cooked.||Use the Measuring Cup to determine the appropriate amount of water needed to make your eggs.|
Refer to the recommended cooking times for soft/runny, medium, and hard boiled eggs.
If overcooked, make sure to remove the eggs from the cooker immediately after the buzzer sounds.
Make sure that the Heating Plate, Lid, and accessories are completely dry before adding the appropriate amount of
water to the Heating Plate and cooking the eggs.
If undercooked, leave eggs in the Deluxe Egg Cooker for a few extra minutes with the Lid on before serving.
DELUXE EGG COOKER RECIPE GUIDE
12 hard-boiled eggs, cooled
2∕3 cup mayonnaise
1⁄4 cup Dijon-style mustard
1⁄4 tsp salt
paprika, chives, and dill, to garnish
Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks, place in a large bowl and cream them into a paste with a fork. Mix in the mayonnaise, mustard,
and salt. Spoon or pipe the mixture into the egg white halves. Place the eggs in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just before serving, garnish with a dash of
paprika and freshly cut chives and dill.
For Hollandaise Sauce
6 egg yolks
5 tbsp lemon juice
1∕8 tsp ground white pepper
1⁄4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
11⁄2 tbsp water
11⁄2 cup butter, melted
salt to taste
For Eggs Benedict
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and boiled
6 strips Canadian-style bacon
3 English muffins, toasted
2 tbsp butter, softened chives or cayenne pepper, to garnish
For the Hollandaise Sauce: On a stove top, fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water. Make sure that water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Bring water to a gentle simmer.
In the top of the double boiler, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water. Add melted butter to the egg yolk mixture 2 tablespoons at a time while whisking yolks constantly. If sauce begins to get too thick, stir in a little hot water. Add salt and continue whisking until incorporated. Remove from heat and cover with a lid to keep sauce warm.
To Assemble: Fill the Measuring Cup with water to the Omelette / Poached Line and pour water onto Heating Plate. Put Large Boiling Tray on Body and place the lightly greased 4 Egg Poaching Tray on top. Break an egg into each poaching section. Add the Base Ring and the Small Boiling Tray. Place the lightly greased 3 Egg Poaching Tray on top and break remaining eggs into each section.
Replace the Lid and turn the Deluxe Egg Cooker on. When the buzzer sounds, the eggs will be poached. Remove eggs immediately to prevent overcooking. Butter the toasted English muffin halves. Place a slice of Canadian-style bacon, a few asparagus spears, a poached egg, and a spoonful of hollandaise sauce on each half. Garnish with chives or cayenne pepper and serve immediately.
12 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
1-2 stalks celery
2∕3 cup mayonnaise
1⁄4 cup Dijon-style mustard
1⁄2 tbsp salt
1⁄4 tsp black pepper
Finely dice the eggs and celery and mix together.
Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix until desired texture is reached. Serve on multigrain bread with sliced cucumber.
For a healthy twist, you can make this egg salad with half the egg yolks and light, or olive oil-based, mayonnaise.
TOMATO AND SPINACH FRITTATA
3 eggs (or 2 egg whites and
1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped
3 cherry tomatoes, halved
3 basil leaves, cut into
2 tbsp shredded mozzarella
salt & pepper, to taste
Fill the Measuring Cup with water to the Omelette / Poached Line and pour onto the Heating Plate. Place the Large Boiling Tray on the Heating Plate and then sit the lightly greased Omelette Bowl on top. Beat eggs and pour into the Omelette Bowl. Sprinkle the basil, spinach, mozzarella, and tomatoes over the whisked egg. Cover with the Lid and turn on the Deluxe Egg Cooker.
When buzzer sounds, remove eggs immediately to prevent overcooking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
MORE RECIPE IDEAS
Make mini omelettes for all tastes and preferences with the Poaching Trays. Whisk up to 7 eggs and pour mixture evenly into each poaching section (one egg per section). If using egg whites, pour 3 tablespoons of the egg white mixture into each poaching section. Then add your toppings, cover, and turn on the Deluxe Egg Cooker.
Make one large tasty omelette in the Omelette Bowl with up to three large eggs. If using egg whites, pour in up to 9 tablespoons of egg white mixture. Then add your toppings and turn on the Deluxe Egg Cooker.
- Mushroom, spinach, tomato and green bell pepper
- Feta cheese, spinach, onion and red pepper
- Goat cheese and fig
- Sweet corn, salsa and cheddar cheese
- Tomato, basil, mozzarella and sausage
- Bell peppers, ham and cheddar cheese
- Red onion, asparagus and tomato
- Avocado, bacon and tomato
- Broccoli, cheddar cheese, mushroom and tomato
- Swiss cheese and turkey
- Blue cheese, pear and toasted pecans
The Deluxe Egg Cooker can be used to steam and reheat foods other than just eggs. Listed below are some guidelines to help you get started.
|1 cup raw broccoli florets|| Pour 3 ounces of water onto Heating Plate.|
Cook broccoli in Omelette Bowl.
|8 stalks of asparagus, cut in half||Pour 3 ounces of water onto Heating Plate.|
Spread asparagus in Omelette Bowl & cook.
|2-4 oz. salmon, 1 inch thick||Add 5.5 ounces water to Heating Plate.|
Cook fillets side by side in Omelette Bowl.
|1 cup raw shrimp||Add 3 ounces water to Heating Plate.|
Cook shrimp side by side in Omelette Bowl.
|5-6 medium-sized dumplings||Add 3.5 ounces water to Heating Plate. Cook dumplings side by side in Omelette Bowl.||9.5 min|
|1 (15.25 oz.) can corn, drained||Pour 2.5 ounces of water onto Heating Plate.|
Cook corn in Omelette Bowl.
|1 cup frozen edamame||Pour 2.5 ounces water onto Heating Plate.|
Spread edamame in Omelette Bowl and cook.
|1-3 small corn/flour tortillas||Place tortillas directly on Heating Plate. Place Base Ring and Lid on Deluxe Egg Cooker and|
turn on. When buzzer sounds, turn off the cooker, flip tortillas and re-cover. Wait a few
minutes until tortillas are warm.
STOREBOUND, LLC – 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Your Store Bound product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of the original purchase when utilized for normal and intended household use. Should any defect covered by the terms of the limited warranty be discovered within one (1) year, Store Bound, LLC will repair or replace the defective part. To process a warranty claim, contact Customer Support at 1-800-898-6970 for further assistance and instruction. A Customer Support agent will assist you by troubleshooting minor problems. If troubleshooting fails to fix the problem, a return authorization will be issued. Proof of purchase indicating the date and place of purchase is required and should accompany the return. You must also include your full name, shipping address, and telephone number. We are unable to ship returns to a PO box. Store Bound will not be responsible for delays or unprocessed claims resulting from a purchaser’s failure to provide any or all of the necessary information. Freight costs must be prepaid by the purchaser.
Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no express warranties except as listed above.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CUSTOMER. STOREBOUND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT
REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts. Therefore, the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
DANGER! Risk of electric shock! The Dash Deluxe Egg Cooker is an electrical appliance. Do not attempt to repair the appliance yourself under any circumstances.
Contact Customer Support regarding repairs to the appliance.
Voltage 120V ~ 60Hz
Power Rating 500W
You can download the PDF version of the DASH DELUXE EGG COOKER USER’S MANUAL here.