Customer Support: 888-515-2585 or
Visit our website www.ritetemp-thermostats.com
Statement of use: The GPMG8022c can be used with most 24 volt gas, oil or electric heating and air conditioning systems, single-stage heat pumps or gas millivolt heating systems. It cannot be used with 120 volt heating systems or multistage heat pumps.
1 Set Clock
Set day of the week
- Press SET CLOCK once to set the day of the week. The day of the week display flashes. (Initially SU for Sunday)
- Press [ Time Down ] or [ Time Up ] to select the day.
- Press HOME to store your settings.
Set time of day
- Press SET CLOCK twice to set the time. The time display will flash.
- Press [ Time Down ] or [ Time Up ] to set the time. Press and hold to set the time in the fast mode.
- Press HOME to store your settings.
This Thermostat comes preprogrammed with an Energy-Star™ approved program. This program is recommended by the EPA for energy efficiency.
We strongly recommend that you Auto-Run this program for one week, and see if it works for you. If it does not fit your needs you can always input a custom program.
- To Auto-Run the Energy-Star” program, select HEAT or COOL with the mode switch. The unit is now running the Energy-Star™ program.
- The clock and the ambient temperature are displayed on the right. They alternate every 2 seconds. One of the TIME SLOT icons P1/P2/P3/P4 comes on, this indicates the TIME SLOT active in the Energy-Star™ program.
- The programmed temperature is shown on the left. For program details refer to the Energy-Star™ program chart below.
|HEAT P1 P2 P3 P4||COOL P1 P2 P3 P4|
|6:00am 8:00am 6:00pm 10:00pm||6:00am 8:00am 6:00pm 10:00pm|
|All Days 70°F 62°F 70°F||All Days 78°F 85°F 78°F|
NOTE: 60 Second Rule-During programming, if a button is not pushed within 60 seconds, the unit will go out of the set mode. Everything you have input in this programming will automatically be saved.
- Select HEAT with the HEAT/Cool MODE switch.
- Select the day you want to program: Press the P1 PROGRAM to enter programming mode. The HEAT PROGRAM FOR icon will come on. The day icon will show SU (Sunday). Press <Day Up> again to advance the day selection.
- Select the TIME SLOT you want to program: To change the TIME SLOT (P1, P2, P3, P4) press the <Next> button. The display will cycle through the time periods in sequence. Select P1.
- Select the desired temperature for that TIME SLOT : To change the temperature for that TIME SLOT press the TEMP UP / TEMP DOWN buttons.
- Select the time of day you want that TIME SLOT to represent: To set the time when P1 will begin, press the time buttons to move the set point forward or backward in time.
- Select the next TIME SLOT and program temp and time: Press NEXT the display will show P2, for Period 2. Repeat setting temp and time. Select the remaining TIME SLOT’s, P3 and P4. Program their temp and time info.
- Repeat the above procedures for each day of the week. Push <Day> button to cycle through the days.
- To COPY the program of the current day to another day, press COPY program once. COPY will display on the LCD. The day icon for the source day will go solid and the day icon for the destination day will flash. Use DAY button to select the destination day. Press COPY again to confirm the copy. If you decide you don’t want to copy, press HOME to exit.
- To program an alternate or “Special Day” program, that you can access at any time, press <Day> until PROGRAM FOR for SDP DAY is displayed. Repeat the procedure above to program temp settings for the Special Day.
- When finished with your custom program, either wait 60 sec or press HOME to save and run your program.
- To program for cooling, select COOL with the Heat/Cool MODE switch and repeat the above procedure.
- To REVIEW the program you have entered: Press PROGRAM once to enter programming mode. Then press FILTER/REVIEW once.
- The display will cycle through the programmed times and temps, showing each program for 12 seconds. Starting from Sunday; P1 and ending on Saturday; P4. The programmed temperature is shown on the left of the LCD, the programmed time, day and time slot are shown on the right and the right top of the LCD respectfully.
- Press HOME to leave program REVIEW mode and run the program.
4 Special Features
- The “Special Day Program” can be used when you are unexpectedly home and need to activate this heat / cooling program just for the day.
- With the MODE switch in HEAT or COOL press the SPECIAL DAY button to activate.
- When the SPECIAL DAY Program is active, all other day settings are all ignored even if the day is matched.
- The SPECIAL DAY program will terminate when the mode switch is moved or if the SPECIAL DAY button is pushed again.
- Swing setting determines the temperature difference from ON to OFF that the thermostat will command the heating/cooling system to run.
- With the MODE switch in HEAT or COOL, press the [ Time Up ] button.
- The SET TEMP SWING icon is displayed. The current setting of temp swing is shown on the display (default at 3 ).
- To change the swing, push TEMP UP or TEMP DOWN buttons. The furnace will cycle more at the lower numbers as it tries to keep your set point constant. To complete the swing setting, push the HOME button.
- With the MODE switch in HEAT or COOL, push the UP or DOWN arrow buttons to temporarily change the control temperature by 1 degree per step. Press and hold for faster setting.
- The OVERRIDE icon comes on which shows the displayed temperature may be different from the programmed setting.
- The OVERRIDE is canceled at the start of the next time period, or when the MODE switch is moved, or if TEMP HOLD is pressed twice.
To change and hold the temperature until you return.
- Open the door and push the TEMP HOLD button. The HOLD icon comes on. Push the UP or DOWN arrow buttons to set the hold temperature.
- HOLD is canceled if the MODE switch is moved, or press TEMP HOLD again.
The life of a heater filter varies depending on many factors, furnace run time, and this will vary from the filter life noted on the filter media. The 8022C has a feature that keeps track of actual furnace run time and reminds you to periodically replace your system’s air filter.
- Press the FILTER button once to review the current filter record. The FILTER and HR icons come on with accumulated filter hours being displayed.
- Press [TIME UP] to clear the record. Press again to recover the previous record.
- To see the filter limit setting, press and hold the FILTER button for two seconds.
- To change the filter limit hours setting, press [ TIME DOWN ] or [ TIME UP ] Press and hold for faster setting. The filter limit can be set within 000-500 hours.
- To leave the filter display, press HOME or wait 60 seconds.
Allows you to lock the Program (to prevent any changes in custom settings)
- To enable or disable the program lock, press the following buttons one at a time, in this sequence.
- [TIME DOWN] then FILTER, then SET CLOCK, and last HOME. The LOCK icon (a key) appears when the system is locked. Repeat to unlock.
When the batteries are low, the battery icon will come on and flash.
The two AA Batteries in the unit need to be replaced. In some installations your heater system will stop functioning when the thermostat loses power. Replace batteries as soon as you see this warning. The thermostat programs will remain for 30 seconds while the batteries are removed and replaced.
Do not take longer than 30 sec to change the batteries in your unit or you will lose all custom settings and all programming. Only the Energy-Star™ program will remain. Once the batteries are replaced, the system will return to normal in 2 seconds.
C or F display
Centigrade / Fahrenheit selection. The C/F jumper is on the back of the thermostat control unit. Separate the control unit from the wall mounted terminals. When changed, the thermostat must be reset to activate the change.
When resetting, all custom settings and programming will be erased and only the Energy-Star™ program will remain.
The thermostat can display time in 12 or 24 hour formats. The 12/24 jumper is on the back of the thermostat (see illustration).
When changed, the thermostat must be reset to activate the change.
NOTE: Your thermostat comes from the factory calibrated to+ or – 1°F actual temperature. It is an accurate instrument. If you want your thermostat to display the same temperature as another thermometer in your home, you can adjust its calibration.
To change the calibration:
- Mode switch of the unit must be in the HEAT or COOL position.
- Press the <Time Down> button.
- Press the Temp Up/Temp Down arrows to adjust the temperature reading.
- Press HOME to save the new setting.
You can download the PDF version of this Ritetemp 8022C series thermostat installation guide here