When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed including the following:
• NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN! Keep out of the reach of children to avoid injury. This appliance is not a toy.
• Consult your physician before giving fresh juice to children, especially infants.
• Be sure to turn to OFF position after each use of your juicer
• Make sure the lid is attached properly and securely locked before operating the Power Juicer.
• Do not unfasten the locking bar during operation.
• To avoid risk of injury keep hands and utensils out of the juicer and away from its sharp blade during operation.
• Use the pusher, not fingers or utensils, to propel the food into the juicer.
• Should food become lodged in the opening use pusher to push it down. If food remains stuck, turn the power off, wait until motor stops, unit shuts down completely, and is unplugged before disassembling the juicer and removing the blocked food.
• Make sure the motor stops completely and the unit is unplugged from the electrical outlet before cleaning, putting on or removing parts.
• To protect against risk of electrical shock or injury, never immerse power cord, plug, or main unit in water, or other liquids.
• If juicer stops due to improper operation or if there is excessive noise, turn power off, wait for blade to stop spinning, unplug from electrical outlet, disassemble and clean all components then reassemble machine.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not operate this or any appliance with a damaged cord or plug.
• Do not operate if appliance malfunctions, is dropped or damaged in any manner. Let a qualified appliance repair person examine and or repair appliance before using.
• To avoid electric shock or serious injury do not use any attachments that were not recommended or sold by the manufacturer.
• Do not let power cord hang over the edge of table, counter, or let cord touch hot surfaces such as stoves.
• To reduce the risk of injury, never place blade on base without properly assembling the unit.
• This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify or force the plug in any way.
• The motor will not run if unit is not properly assembled. The motor has a built-in safety feature that will not let the power turn on unless the locking bar is locked in place and the pulp container is assembled properly.
The Power Juicer has a thermal cut-off safety feature. If the unit accidentally overheats, it will stop working temporarily until the Power Juicer cools down. Afterwards, the unit will continue to work again normally.
In the event the Power Juicer is jammed the motor may shut down. If this occurs the juicer should be shut off and unplugged. The unit should be thoroughly cleaned to remove the obstruction. The thermal cut-off safety feature is designed to shut off the motor when it over heats.
Please use extreme caution when handling the Power Juicer blade as the blades are very sharp.
Always turn power off to the Power Juicer immediately and remove power cord from electrical outlet before disassembling to clean due to any food obstruction.
CAUTION :Use caution when handling blade as blades are very sharp. If juicer jams turn power off immediately and remove power cord from electrical outlet before disassembling to clean.
The Power Juicer has a thermal cut-off safety feature. If the unit accidentally overheats, it will stop working temporarily until the Power Juicer cools down. Clear any obstruction. Afterwards, the unit will continue to work again normally.
Obtain the best results from your Jack La Lanne Power Juicer by following these helpful hints.
• Do not put any fruit or vegetables in your machine until power is turned on.
• Allow unit to run for at least 10 seconds before juicing.
• Do not force food into the juicer. Allow food to pass through slowly and steadily using the pusher. You do not need to apply pressure unless the juicer starts to vibrate. Then only a slightly harder push should bring it back to balance.
• Any fruit or vegetable that will fit the chute can be put through whole. The only time it is necessary to cut is when something is too large. Then it should be cut into large enough pieces to fit in the chute. Do not cut pieces too small.
• Remove large pits such as peach, mango, etc. as they will damage the blade and possibly the unit. Before juicing cherries we recommend you remove the pits using a cherry pitter.
• Cleaning can be made easy by placing a plastic bag inside the pulp collector container. When you are done juicing, the bag can be lifted out and disposed of easily leaving the pulp collector easier to clean.
• Let the Power Juicer run for a few minutes before turning off to allow any excess juice to be extracted from the pulp. Once turned off it is quite normal for the juicer to spin for a minute or so due to the very fine precision balancing of this appliance. Wait until it is done spinning before disassembling.
• Do not use bananas or avocados as they do not contain juice and will clog machine. Add them separately in a blender.
• We do not recommend using overripe fruit as it will leave too much pulp in the filter and clog the machine.
• Do not pour liquids into the machine at any time.
Place base on a dry flat surface with locking bar in down position as shown. In front of the machine (spout side).
IMPORTANT: There is a Safety Micro Switch located in the back center of the base. This mechanism is an added safety feature. Once the pulp collector is in place the Activating Pin on the bottom of the pulp collector activates the Safety Micro Switch. This will protect you from accidentally putting hands or fingers under the machine while the blade is turning. Once the pulp collector is removed from the main base
the motor will not run.
Align grooves on the bottom of pulp collector with tracks on the base. Note: The Safety Micro Switch is located in the back center of the base. Slide pulp collector with Activating Pin towards base in the direction of arrows. Make sure the pulp collector is firmly in place against base.
IMPORTANT: The motor will not run if pulp collector is not properly assembled.
Place receptacle on the base, with juicer spout facing direction of locking bar. Settle receptacle into alignment.
Place filter/blade inside receptacle. Rotate the filter/blade allowing it to settle into alignment. Press down on rim of filter/blade firmly to secure.
IMPORTANT: The unit will not start until filter/blade is secure and firmly in place. The motor will not start until the unit is properly assembled.
Place lid with built-in pulp guard on top of receptacle, making certain it is securely aligned with the pulp guard facing in the opposite direction of juice spout. Lock lid into place by lifting locking bar up until it clicks into grooves located on both sides of the lid. Make sure locking bar is in the full upright, locked position.
IMPORTANT: The unit will not start until this bar is properly locked in place and the pulp collector is properly assembled.
Make sure juice spout is in the downward position. If the juice spout is left in the upright position the juice will not flow. It will stay in the
receptacle and may overflow from the sides.
Insert pusher into chute. Always use pusher to feed fruits and vegetables into unit. Push gently, never force. The blade will do the work.
IMPORTANT: Before disassembling the unit make sure you turn the power OFF and unplug the machine from the electrical outlet.
Remove pusher from the chute.
Lower the locking bar (silver) into position as shown.
Remove lid with built-in pulp guard by pulling up off of receptacle.
Remove pulp collector by sliding the bottom away from the base in the direction of the arrows while unhooking from under lip on receptacle.
Remove filter/blade/receptacle unit from base by grasping the receptacle with two hands. Then lift receptacle and twist in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction while pulling in an upward direction until filter/blade/receptacle unit is separated from the main base.
Note: Do not remove screws from blade. The filter and the blade are one piece. They are not meant to be separated.
CLEANING YOUR POWER JUICER EXPRESS
• Turn off the power switch and wait until the motor completely stops.
• With dry hands, unplug the power cord from electrical outlet.
• Disassemble the machine. (See disassembly instructions.)
• See instructions below for cleaning juice spout.
• Wipe base with a soft damp cloth or sponge. Do not submerge base in water. Do not spray with water or any other liquid. Base is not dishwasher safe.
• We recommend washing the pusher by hand in warm soapy water. Due to temperature differences in dishwashers if you choose to wash the pusher in the dishwasher, place it on top rack only.
• Clean all other parts in warm, soapy water. A mild detergent is recommended. Rinse well and dry thoroughly. All components are dishwasher safe with the exception of the base. Do not use in European Import or a commercial dishwasher.
• To clean the filter and blade, hold them under warm running water. Use a soft-bristled dish washing brush gently to completely clean pulp from filter. Rinse the filter from the outside under running water.
• Dry components thoroughly then assemble the machine and turn the power on to spin out any excess water.
• Make sure unit and parts are completely dry then store in a cool, dry place.
• We recommend removing juice spout after each use.
To Clean Juice Spout:
Locate removable juice spout locking mechanism on the bottom side of receptacle.
Note: Juice spout will be in the locked position.
To unlock, turn locking mechanism counter-clockwise, lining up notch with juicer spout hinge pivot arm.
Lift up juice spout carefully from receptacle and remove to clean.
To Reattach: insert juice spout back into original position and turn the locking mechanism clockwise to lock into place.
IMPORTANT: When reattaching juice spout back into original position make sure juice spout is in the locked position and tightly secured before use.
|Problem||Possible Reasons and Solution|
|The motor does not run after being switched on.|| • Check to see if unit is plugged in.|
• Locking bar is not locked in place properly.
• Check if all parts are assembled properly.
• Check if there is any residue left between blade and receptacle.
• Make sure pulp collector is properly assembled as the safety MicroSwitch will cause the unit not to operate if pulp collector is not in place.
• Check filter/blade is secured firmly in place.
• Check to see if food is stuck to the bottom of the pusher.
|The motor is running with loud noise and shaking.|| • Check that all parts are assembled properly and in the correct position.|
• Juicing overripe fruit may result in too much pulp and will clog the filter. Turn machine off and clean
| The motor is running. The spout is in the|
downward position, but no juice is coming
| • Turn the power off and unplug the machine. Wait for blade to stop spinning. Use a toothpick to loosen any|
obstruction in the non-drip spout.
|The motor overheats causing the power to automatically shut off.|| • The motor needs to warm up for 10 seconds before use.|
• The fruits and vegetables may be soft or overripe.
• There may be too much pulp in the filter.
Turn machine off and clean the filter.
• Motor stops running due to the built-in feature, the overheat safety control.
|Juice splashes from the rim of the receptacle.||• This is normal.|
|Machine is running, but no juice is coming out.|| • Check spout to make sure it is the down position.|
The juice will not come out if spout is in the upright position.
You can download the PDF version of the Jack La Lanne’s Power express Juice User’s Manual here.