Congratulations on your purchase!
This user manual will help you operate your new Hoverboard. Be sure to read ALL OF THE INFORMATION in this manual before riding.
NOTE TO ALL RIDERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE: Its very important that you get parental permission before riding your Hoverboard.
Don’t ride until you read this
ALWAYS wear a helmet when riding your hoverboard.
Make sure your hoverboard has a full battery before taking it out to ride.
Always be aware of local road laws, and follow them.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of injury, adult supervision is required, never use in roadways, near cars, on or near steep inclines or steps, swimming pools or other bodies of water; always wear shoes, and never allow more than one rider at a minimum.
Do not ride the hoverboard under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Always respect pedestrians.
Do not ride under wet conditions. The hoverboard may slide from under your feet causing injury. Wet conditions may damage the electronics and void the warranty.
Maximum Speed: Your hoverboard goes a maximum speed of 6.25 mph.
- Avoid water – The hoverboard is not waterproof. The electronics may be damaged due to water and water damage is not covered by our warranty. Riding in wet conditions is also very dangerous and may result in injury.
- Abuse – We do not cover physical damage due to negligent care and extreme riding.
- Whenever you ride the GOTRAX Hoverboard , you risk severe injury or even death from loss of control, collisions, and falls. Use caution and ride at your own risk.
- Do not modify the product from the manufacturer’s original design.
- Keep hands and all body parts away from moving parts while operating the hoverboard.
- Before riding – be sure to check the hoverboard over and make sure the hoverboard is operating correctly before each use.
- The hoverboard should never be used by children under the age of 8.
- Never exceed the 220 lb (100 kg) maximum load rating.
You should find each this item in your box
- Approved Power Adapter / Charging Unit
Remove all packaging material, then inspect each item for any accidental damage that may have occurred during shipping.
Get to know your hoverboard
Charge your hoverboard
Before using the hoverboard, you must fully charge the battery.
- Insert the charging plug into the port.
- The charger box will have a green light when fully charged and a red light when charging.
- Charging Time: 4-5 hours
To power the hoverboard on, press and hold the silver button on the back of your hoverboard for 1 second.
To power the hoverboard off, press the silver button on the back of your hoverboard twice in a row.
Forward Acceleration: Gently push down with your toes. Be prepared to lean forward slightly as the board accelerates.
Backward Acceleration: Gently lift your toes. Be prepared to lean backward as the board accelerates.
To Turn Right: Push gently down with your left toes. Be prepared to shift your weight to the right.
To Turn Left: Push gently down with your right toes. Be prepared to shift your weight to the left.
Slow to Stop: Return to an upright position with your weight evenly balanced.
Battery Life: The light on the top of the hoverboard shows the 3 battery life states. Blue: Full Power
Yellow: Half Power
Red: Low Battery
Low Battery: When the hoverboard is low on battery and about to die, the hoverboard will beep and flash red on the LED lights. Once it starts beeping and you see the red LED light, get off of the hoverboard and charge.
- You will want to start riding your hoverboard by mounting the board from the rear. The rear of the board can be identified by the power button and the charging port.
- Place your hoverboard on the ground directly in front of your feet. Step with one foot onto the platform, and then quickly step up onto the hoverboard with your second foot.
- Always dismount from the back of the hoverboard.
- The Hoverboard performs best when on a smooth surface e.g. carparks, smooth roads, footpaths.
- Always clean your hoverboard; wheels ,platform … , It’s a machine and it needs to be maintained.
- Be aware of the terrain you are riding on, watch out for curbs and obstacles!
The hoverboard features a Bluetooth speaker that can be paired with any mobile device to play audio. The Bluetooth speaker is automatically enabled when the hoverboard is turned on and will remain enabled and discoverable as long as the hoverboard is powered on. Read the instructions below to learn how to operate the hoverboard Bluetooth speaker.
- To turn on the Bluetooth speaker, power on the hoverboard as normal.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on the mobile device you wish to pair with your hoverboard Search Name “YIYUN TECH”.
- On your mobile device, click on “YIYUN TECH” to connect. The Bluetooth speaker on the hoverboard will voice that a connection has been made and the devices are successfully paired.
- Make sure your mobile device and the hoverboard remain within a reasonable distance in order to maintain a connection. The Bluetooth speaker will not operate properly or will turn off if the hoverboard and the mobile device are too far apart.
- Play the music or audio you wish to hear on your mobile device, and it will broadcast through the hoverboard Bluetooth speaker.
- To stop playing music or audio through the hoverboard speaker, disable Bluetooth on your mobile device.
Maintenance & Repair
If you regularly clean and maintain your electric hoverboard, it will extend its life.
Cleaning and storage: If the hoverboard is dirty, wipe it clean with a soft damp cloth.
DO NOT use alcohol, gasoline, kerosene, or other corrosive chemical solvents to clean the hoverboard. It can severely damage the appearance and structure of the hoverboard. Please do not use a pressure washer as it may also cause damage to the electronics.
Storage: When your not using your hoverboard store in a dry and cool location. Avoid storing your hoverboard outdoors because sun exposure can damage it’s appearance and may cause wear on the life of batteries and tires.
Troubleshooting: One of the most common solution for hoverboard issues is calibrating your board. Here are steps involved in hoverboard calibration :
- Start with the hoverboard powered off.
- Adjust the foot pedals until they are level with each other and the ground.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. The LED lights will flash.
- Press the power button to turn off.
- Press the power button to turn on. The hoverboard will be calibrated and ready for galactic adventures.
NOTE: You may have to repeat the above process multiple times in order to fully reset and calibrate your hoverboard. For example, you may have to go through the process 3 times in a row before the calibration fully takes effect.
Only use the approved GOTRAX power adapter to charge your hoverboard, others may cause risk of fire and equipment may be damaged.
Improper disposal of used batteries may seriously pollute the environment. Please comply with local disposal regulations.
Make sure to store your hoverboard and power adapter in conditions that do not exceed 104 degrees Fahrenheit or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
Warning – Risk of Fire – No User Serviceable Parts, The prolonged exposure to UV Rays, Rain and the Elements may damage the enclosed
materials ,store indoors when not in use.
We frequently update our user manuals at GOTRAX .com , and reserve the rights to update and change manuals online.
Please contact our customer service team if you are experiencing problems or need more detailed information. They can be reached at GOTRAX .com
For warranty information, please visit GOTRAX .com
2201 Luna Rd.
Carrollton, TX 75006
You can download the PDF version of the GOTRAX E2 A SMARTER HOVER BOARD USER MANUAL here.