Read instructions before operating. Retain for future reference.
Questions? Comments? Call 1-800-253-2764 in North America or visit our website at www.bionairecanada.com.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons. These precautions include:
- Read all instructions before using the appliance.
- To avoid fire or shock hazard, plug the appliance directly into a 120V AC electrical outlet.
- If the filter is covered by a bag when shipped, remove plastic bag before use.
- Keep the cord out of heavy traffic areas. To avoid fire hazard, NEVER put the cord under rugs, near heat registers, radiators, stoves, or heaters.
- To protect against electrical hazards, DO NOT immerse the appliance in water or other liquids. Do not use near water.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children, or disabled persons.
- Always unplug the air purifier before moving or cleaning the unit, opening the grill, changing the filters and whenever the unit is not in use. To disconnect the unit, be sure to pull the plug and not the cord.
- NEVER drop or insert any objects into the openings of the unit.
- DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug.
- If the motor fan fails to operate or the unit has been dropped or damaged in any manner, return appliance to manufacturer for examination.
- Use appliance only for intended household use as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons. The use of attachments may cause hazards and is not recommended or sold by Jarden Consumer Solutions.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- NEVER place on a soft surface such as a bed or sofa as this could cause the unit to tip over and block the air inlet or outlet grills.
- Keep unit away from heated surfaces and open flames.
- DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this unit. Doing so will void your warranty.
- DO NOT place anything on top of unit.
- NEVER use detergents, gasoline, glass purifier, furniture polish, paint thinner, or other household solvents to clean any part of the appliance.
- Always turn the appliance off before unplugging it.
- The ionizer in this appliance produces less ozone than the UL established limits of 50ppb (parts per billion). However, in high concentrations, ozone can be harmful to birds and small pets. To prevent ozone buildup, we suggest using the ionizer in well
ventilated areas with the fan on.
- This appliance should only be used in a room with temperatures between 40° F and 110° F.
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, DO NOT use this appliance with any solid-state speed control device.
THIS APPLIANCE HAS A POLARIZED PLUG (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MODIFY THIS PLUG OR DEFEAT THIS SAFETY FEATURE IN ANY WAY.
READ ALSO: TROY BILT Pressure Washer Operator’s Manual
• The length of cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce tangling or tripping hazards.
• If a longer cord is necessary, an approved extension cord may be used. The electrical rating of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the electrical rating of the air purifier (see rating label marked on bottom of the product).
• Care must be taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally tripped over.
This appliance has an optional ionizer feature which, when turned on, releases negative ions into outgoing filtered air to help the air purification process.
What Are Ions?
Ions are tiny particles that carry a positive or negative charge. They exist naturally around us: in the air, water, and ground. Both positive and negative ions are colourless, odour, and harmless.
How Does The Ionizer Work?
Negative ions help air purification by attaching themselves to very small airborne particles in the room. These particles take on a negative charge and may join with positively charged particles such as dust, pollen, smoke, and pet dander to form larger particles. These larger particles are then more easily captured by the filter system.
Your ionizer may produce an occasional popping or cracking sound. This is normal and occurs when a small buildup of ions is discharged.
After extended use, you may notice dust around the grills or rear panel. This is caused by negative ions exiting the air outlet, evidence of the ionizer’s air cleaning effectiveness. Follow the cleaning and maintenance instructions for appropriate cleaning method.
Larger particles may be attracted to positively charged surfaces throughout the home, like walls or floors. This may occur more frequently when the filter has captured excessive amounts of particulates and needs to be cleaned.
To help prevent particles from attracting to surfaces throughout your home:
• You may want to run the ionizer less often.
• Check the condition of the filter more frequently.
CAUTION: The ionizer in this appliance produces less ozone than the UL established limits of 50ppb. However, in high concentrations, ozone can be harmful to birds and small pets. To prevent ozone buildup, we suggest using the ionizer in well ventilated areas with the air purifier
TURBO, HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW AND QUIET SETTINGS
For optimum air filtration, operate your air purifier continuously on the MEDIUM (2) setting. For quieter operation (such as in a bedroom), select the QUIET setting. When high levels of air pollution are present, select the HIGH (3) or TURBO setting to quickly circulate and filter the air in the room.
4-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION SYSTEM
Your air purifier uses a four-stage air purification system to help purify the air that passes through the filters (see Figure 1):
Anti-microbial Grill – The plastic infused with antimicrobial additive to create a protective barrier against odour causing bacteria.
Washable Foam Pre-filter – The pre-filter captures larger particles, thus extending the period between cleaning of the HEPA filter.
Long life True HEPA filter – Long life True HEPA filter removes up to 99.97% of smaller visible and non-visible particles, as small as 0.3 microns in size, from the air passing through it. The long life filter allows for easy maintenance and eliminates the hassle of filter replacement.
Carbon Filter – Carbon filter absorbs and eliminates common household odour, such as garbage or nursery smells. To assemble carbon filter(s), remove from plastic bag and remove the HEPA filter(s) from unit. Adhere the hook fastener to the glue bead located on the exhaust
side of the HEPA filter(s). Adhere the carbon filter(s) to the hook fastener and place the HEPA filter(s) back into unit with the carbon filter(s) facing the exhaust side.
ASSEMBLY REQUIRED BEFORE USE
- Determine desired orientation: horizontal or vertical positioning. Follow DUAL POSITION instructions.
- Select a firm, leveled surface where there are no obstructions to the air intake or filtered air outlet. Place unit 1 foot (30cm) away from wall or large objects.
A. Control Panel
C. Carbon Filter(s)
D. Long life True HEPA Filter(s)
E. Washable Foam
F. Anti-microbial Grill
G. Air Intake Grill
H. Filtered Air Outlet
- Press the DOOR RELEASE button ( ) to remove the air intake grill, take out the anti-microbial grill and check if any filter is covered by a plastic bag. If it is, remove plastic bag before use. Attach the carbon filter(s) onto the long life true HEPA filter(s). Reinstall all filters and grill and then the air intake grill (see Figure 1).
NOTE: The air purifier will NOT operate unless the air intake grill is properly installed on unit.
This air purifier is designed as multi-positional. Carefully unpack your Air Purifier, locate the separately packed base, small base cap and 4 suction cups inside the package carton, please ensure to unpack all parts before assembly.
To operate in the vertical tower position, assemble the base to the unit (see Figure 2). The widest part of the base will be towards the front of the unit. You will hear a “click” sound when the base is securely assembled with the housing. Ensure the base is securely assembled and
placed properly on a firm level surface before operation. Store the suction cups and base cap along with these instructions in case of alternate usage position in the future.
To operate in the horizontal position, insert the small base cap into the opposite side of the control panel (see Figure 3). Locate 4 suction cup feet. Position the air purifier so that the air intake is facing you and the control panel is to your left. Ensure the surface of the air purifier is free from oil. Lightly dampen the suction cup surface with water and attach suction cups evenly as shown in Figure 4. Turn the air purifier over, and position unit to sit on the suction cup feet (control panel will now be to the right when facing the unit). Store the base and these
instructions in case of alternate usage position in the future.
NOTE: If you change from a vertical tower position to a horizontal position, you need to take out the base from the unit first and then insert the base cap.
- After unit has been setup in a horizontal or vertical position, plug unit into a 120V AC electrical outlet.
- Press the POWER/SPEED button ( ) to cycle through and select your desired operating speed setting, and the selected speed setting indicator light will illuminate in blue: High (3) – Medium (2) – Low (1) – Quiet- Off
- If you want to run the air purifier at turbo speed setting for maximum air filtration, press the Turbo button and the indicator light will illuminate in blue. The Turbo mode will activate the IONIZER automatically, and the IONIZER indicator light will illuminate in blue.
- For optimum air filtration, it is recommended to operate the air purifier continuously. Its rugged motor has been designed to give many years of use.
NOTE: When the unit is plugged in and the air intake grill is closed properly, the Filter Indicator light
will blink in green 3 times to indicate that it is checking the filter condition. A solid continuously illuminated amber light indicates the filter needs to be cleaned.
- To release negative ions into the filtered air, press the IONIZER button
and the corresponding indicator light will illuminate in blue.
NOTE: The ionizer will not work unless the unit is running.
- You may set the timer so the air purifier automatically turns off when the desired time has elapsed. Select desired speed, then press the TIMER button
until you reach the desired number of hours you want the unit to operate (2, 4, 8 or 12). The selected indicator light will illuminate. When time is up, the air purifier will turn off automatically. To cancel the timer, press the TIMER button until
all hour indicator lights are off.
NOTE: If the DOOR RELEASE button
is pressed when the air purifier is running at any mode, the unit will shut off automatically. Ensure the door is properly closed, and follow the above instructions to start operation.
CLEANING/MAINTENANCE HEPA FILTER CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
• DO NOT attempt to wash and re-use the Carbon filter(s). The Carbon filter(s) (AOR31) can last between 3-4 months. and can be purchased by calling 1 800 253-2764. Using the hook fastener to assemble carbon filter to the exhaust side of the HEPA filter (see figure 1).
- Turn the air purifier off and unplug it before cleaning.
- The outside of the air purifier can be cleaned with a soft, clean damp cloth.
- The air intake grill, the anti-microbial grill (not dishwasher safe) and the Washable Foam Pre-filter (reference Fig. 1) can be removed and washed in warm soapy water. Dry before replacing in the unit.
- The filtered air outlet can be cleaned of dust with a small, soft brush.
- If you wish to clean the inside of the air purifier, please only use a dry, soft cloth to wipe it down.
- NEVER use detergents, gasoline, glass cleaner, furniture polish, paint thinner or other household solvents to clean any part of the air purifier.
WARNING: Do not allow moisture to come in contact with the main housing of the air purifier.
HEPA FILTER CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
The Long Life True HEPA filter(s) are designed to last for up to 2 years. For Allergy sufferers we recommend replacing the filter after 6-8 cleanings for maximum effectiveness. Every few months, check the condition of the filter. Filter life may vary, depending on air quality
and usage. After approximately 3 months of operation, a Filter Indicator Light will alert you to clean the filter(s). Use vacuum cleaner to clean the filter(s) before further use. Every 6 months, vacuum clean and rinse the filter(s) under water. Air dry the filter(s) for approximately 24 hours before re-installing back to the air purifier. Ensure the filters are completely dry before operation.
To clean your filter(s):
- Turn off and unplug the air purifier before replacing the filters.
- Press the DOOR RELEASE button ( ) and remove the air intake grill.
- Detach the centre grill (Figure 1 Part F) from the door frame by pulling it away at the fasteners. Remove the foam pre filter from the door assembly. Rinse the air intake grill with water. Dry and reinstall onto door frame by aligning fasteners and snap into place.
Filters can be purchased at a retailer near you, by calling 1 800 253-2764.
|Air Purifier Model Number||Filter Quantity Needed||Compatible with all filter models below||Filter Description|
|BAP529||1||BAPF300AL-CN||Long Life Allergen Filter|
|1||166790||Washable Foam Pre-filter|
|BAP531||2||BAPF300AL-CN||Long Life Allergen Filter|
|1||166789||Washable Foam Pre-filter|
- Clean the Foam Pre-filter (reference to Figure 1). Remove any dust or lint and wash in warm soapy water. Rinse, air dry before placing back into the air intake grill.
- Take out the Carbon filter(s) with the True HEPA filter(s) by pulling them gently towards you.
- To clean the True HEPA filter(s), remove the dirty filter(s) from the unit. Using your vacuum cleaner, run the brush attachment along both sides of the filter(s) and clean between the pleated layers (Figure 5). After cleaning, reinstall the cleaned True HEPA filter(s) back into the unit. The filter side with the black rubber seal should be facing towards the unit.
NOTE: Ensure proper assembly of the filter clip to the filter. Attach the filter clip and filter assembly to the air purifier hang tabs. Make
sure the hang tab is securely in place. Align the clip on the side of the true HEPA filter with the rails on the inside of the unit. Gently slide the filter onto the rail (see Figure 6). The arrows should point towards the unit.
IMPORTANT: Do not use household cleaners or detergents to clean the filter(s). If the filter(s) become damaged during cleaning, call 1-800-253-2764 to order replacements.
- The carbon filter(s) cannot be re-used. Insert new carbon filter(s) in place after first removing the plastic bag. Carbon filter(s) need to be replaced every 3-4 months. Replace the adhesive fasteners if needed.
NOTE: The air purifier can operate without installation of carbon filter(s), but carbon filter(s) absorb and eliminate common household odour, such as garbage or nursery smells.
- Install all filters, anti-microbial grill and the air intake grill onto the unit (see Figure 3).
- To reset the Filter Indicator timer, press and hold the Filter Reset button for 3 seconds only under working mode when unit is powered on. The Indicator light will blink in green 3 times and go off, and reset the Filter Indicator timer.
- NOTE: Every time you plug in the air purifier, the Filter Indicator light will blink in green 3 times to indicate that it is checking the filter condition. If the filter condition is good, the indicator light will go off. A solid continuously illuminated amber light indicates the filter(s) need to be cleaned and will remain lit until filter(s) have been replaced and filter check reminder has been reset.
NOTE: All filters and front grill must be properly installed to the unit. If either the grill or the filter is not properly installed, the unit will not operate.
|• Unit will not operate.|| • Check if unit is properly plugged in and outlet is energized. |
• Make sure unit is turned ON.
• Make sure filters are properly installed using the correct orientation of the filter clip(s).
• Make sure the front air intake grill is assembled and closed completely.
|• Decreased air flow.|| • Make sure nothing is blocking air inlet and filtered air outlets.|
• Check condition of the filters and replace if necessary.
• Check Filter(s) to remove any plastic wrapping/packaging.
|• Excessive Noise.|| • Make sure parts are firmly positioned in place. |
• Open the air intake grill, and make sure that any plastic packaging was removed from the filters, if applicable.
• Make sure air cleaner is placed at least 1 foot (30cm) away from wall or large objects.
|• The filter check indicator will not reset.|| • Check condition of the filters and replace if necessary. |
• Press and hold the Filter Reset Button for 3 seconds under power on condition (with fan running). The indicator light will blink 3 times and turn off.
Long Life Allergen Filter
Congratulations! Your new air cleaner is equipped with the Long Life Allergen Remover.
|Filter Type||Technology||Consumer Benefit|
|Long Life Allergen Filter||99.97% True HEPA technology. Helps remove up to 99.99% of particles passing though the filter such as pollen, dust, mold and dander.||Ideal for allergy sufferers.|
|Replaceable Total Air||99% HEPA-Type technology. Infused with Arm & Hammer® baking soda.||Ideal for dust reduction. Delivers 30% better air quality.|
|Replaceable Odour Eliminator||10 times the odour fighting power. Contains Arm & Hammer® baking soda, carbon and zeolite for odour control.||Ideal for eliminating odours from pets, tobacco smoke and cooking fumes.|
|Replaceable Allergen Remover||99.97% True HEPA technology. Removes up to 99.97% of particales passing through the filter such as pollen, dust, mold and dander.||Ideal for allergy sufferers.|
|Replaceable Germ Fighter with Allergen Remover||99.97% True HEPA technology. Infused with silver technology.||Helps reduce viruses and bacteria as well as ideal for allergy sufferers.|
For a wealth of information about your air cleaner and other Bionaire® products, visit our website at www.bionairecanada.com or call 1-800-253-2764.
© 2014 Sunbeam Products, Inc. doing business as Jarden Consumer Solutions. All rights reserved. Imported and distributed by Sunbeam Corporation (Canada) Limited doing business as Jarden Consumer Solutions, 20B Hereford Street, Brampton, Ontario L6Y 0M1.
3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Sunbeam Products, Inc. doing business as Jarden Consumer Solutions or if in Canada, Sunbeam Corporation (Canada) Limited doing business as Jarden Consumer Solutions (collectively “JCS”) warrants that for a period of three years from the date of purchase, this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship. JCS, at its option, will repair or replace this product or any component of the product found to be defective during the warranty period. Replacement will be made with a new or remanufactured product or component. If the product is no longer available, replacement may be made with a similar product of equal or greater value. This is your exclusive warranty. Do NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this product. Doing so will void this warranty. This warranty is valid for the original retail purchaser from the date of initial retail purchase and is not transferable. Keep the original sales receipt. Proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty performance. JCS dealers, service centers, or retail stores selling JCS products do not have the right to alter, modify or any way change the terms and conditions of this warranty.
This warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from any of the following: negligent use or misuse of the product, use on improper voltage or current, use contrary to the operating instructions, disassembly, repair or alteration by anyone other than JCS or an authorized JCS service center. Further, the warranty does not cover: Acts of God, such as fire, flood, hurricanes and tornadoes.
What are the limits on JCS’s Liability?
JCS shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused by the breach of any express, implied or statutory warranty or condition.
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited in duration to the duration of the above warranty.
JCS disclaims all other warranties, conditions or representations, express, implied, statutory or otherwise. JCS shall not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from the purchase, use or misuse of, or inability to use the product including incidental, special, consequential or similar damages or loss of profits, or for any breach of contract, fundamental or otherwise, or for any claim brought against purchaser by any other party. Some provinces, states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from province to province, state to state or jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
How to Obtain Warranty Service
In the U.S.A.
If you have any question regarding this warranty or would like to obtain warranty service, please call 1-800-253-2764 and a convenient service centre address will be provided to you.
If you have any question regarding this warranty or would like to obtain warranty service, please call 1-800-253-2764 and a convenient service centre address will be provided to you.
In the U.S.A., this warranty is offered by Sunbeam Products, Inc. doing business as Jarden Consumer Solutions located in Boca Raton, Florida 33431. In Canada, this warranty is offered by Sunbeam Corporation (Canada) Limited doing business as Jarden Consumer Solutions, located at 20 B Hereford Street, Brampton, Ontario L6Y 0M1. If you have any other problem or claim in connection with this product, please write our Consumer Service Department. PLEASE DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO ANY OF THESE ADDRESSES OR TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE.
You can download the PDF version of the BIONARE AIR CLEANER USER’S MANUAL here.