Read this manual carefully and completely, and retain for future reference. Failure to adhere to safety instructions may result in serious injury.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed:
1. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Only use side handles for carrying or moving
3. CAUTION Do not place the appliance on or in close proximity to a hot gas or electric burner, or a heated oven; heat from an external source will damage the appliance.
4. CAUTION Do not use near water or flame. Please keep out of direct sunlight.
5. CAUTION Extreme caution must be used when moving the appliance containing hot liquids. Do not move the appliance when it is under pressure.
6. Do not use appliance for anything other than intended use.
7. For household use only. Do not use outdoors. Not for commercial use.
8. This appliance cooks under pressure. Improper use may result in scalding injury. Make certain the appliance is properly closed before operating. Refer to “Getting Started”.
9. Do not fill the appliance over 2/3 full. When cooking foods that expand during cooking such as rice or dried vegetables, do not fill the appliance over 1/2 full. Overfilling may cause a risk of clogging the vent pipe and developing excess pressure. Refer to “Pressure Cooking”.
10. Before each use, check the steam release valve/handle, steam release pipe, anti-block shield and float valve for clogging. Refer to “Getting Started”.
11. Do not open the appliance until the appliance has depressurized and all internal pressure has been released. If the float valve is still up and/or the lid is difficult to open, this indicates that the appliance is still pressurized – do not force it open. Any pressure in the appliance can be hazardous. Refer to “Venting Methods” for information on releasing pressure.1
12. Do not use this appliance for deep frying or pressure frying with oil.
13. Do not lean over or place your hands or face over the steam release valve/ handle or float valve when the appliance is in operation or has residual pressure. Do not touch the metal portion of the lid when the appliance is in operation; this could result in injury.
14. Do not cover or obstruct the steam release valve/handle and float valve with cloth or other objects. Obstructing the steam release valve/handle and float valve can create a safety issue and may cause injury.
15. Turn the appliance off if steam escapes from the steam release valve/handle or float valve in a steady stream for longer than 3 minutes. There may be residual pressure in the appliance. Allow the appliance to depressurize naturally or release all excess pressure before opening. Refer to “Troubleshooting”. soupape à flotteur dans un jet constant pendant plus de 3 minutes. L’appareil contient peut-être une pression résiduelle. Laissez l’appareil se dépressuriser naturellement
16. Turn the appliance off if steam escapes from the sides of the lid and ensure sealing ring is properly installed. Refer to “Getting Started”.
17. CAUTION To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse the power cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid.
18. A short power supply cord (35 in / 0.9 m) is provided to reduce the hazards resulting from it being grabbed by children, becoming entangled in, or tripping over a longer cord.
19. Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord into power source. To disconnect, select Cancel, then remove plug from power source.
20. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before adding or removing parts, and prior to cleaning or storage.
21. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug. Do not operate if the appliance malfunctions or has sustained damage of any kind, including damage to the rim or bottom of the inner pot. Contact the Customer Care Team.
22. CAUTION Do not let power cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
23. Intended for countertop use only. Keep the appliance on a stable, heat-resistant platform. Do not place on anything that may block the vents on the bottom of the appliance. Do not place on hot stove.
24. WARNING Spilled food can cause serious burns. Keep appliance and cord away from children. Never drape cord over edge of counter, never use outlet below counter, and never use with an extension cord.
25. When cooking meat with skin (e.g. sausage with casing), the skin can swell when heated. Do not pierce the skin as long as it is swollen; this could result in scalding injury.
26. When pressure cooking food with a doughy or thick texture, or a high fat/ oil content, contents may splatter when opening the lid. Please follow recipe instructions for pressure release method. Once steam is fully released, gently shake the appliance with extreme caution and then, if necessary, release the steam again before attempting to open the lid. Refer to the “Venting Methods”.
27. CAUTION Before inserting the inner pot into the appliance, wipe the outer surface of the inner pot and heating element to ensure they are dry and free of food debris. Refer to “Care & Cleaning”.
28. Do not attempt to repair, replace, or modify components of the appliance, as this may cause electric shock, fire or injury, and will void the warranty.
29. Do not tamper with any of the safety mechanisms.
30. Do not use appliance in electrical systems other than 120V/60Hz for North America. Do not use with power converters or adapters.
31. This appliance is NOT to be used by children or by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children and these individuals. Children should not play with this appliance.
32. To reduce the risk of pressure leakage, cook only in an authorized Instant Pot inner pot.
33. To prevent personal injury and damage to the appliance, only replace the sealing ring with an authorized Instant Pot sealing ring. Refer to Getting Started Guide.
34. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This equipment has been assessed to be compliant with Industry Canada RF exposure related rules for a minimum distance of 20cm between the user and the equipment.
Read the full Manual:
Register your Instant Pot:
Initial Test Run (Water Test)
Cooking Program Options:
Find tips, videos, and FAQs:
Cooking Time Tables:
Glossary of Terms:
For inquiries or support, contact the Customer Care Team: Create a Ticket: support.instantpot.com
Live Chat: instantpot.com/#Chat
The installer of this radio equipment must ensure that the antenna is located or pointed such that it does not emit RF field in excess of Health Canada limits for the general population; consult Safety Code 6, obtainable from Health Canada’s website www.hc-sc.gc.ca/rpb.
- Read Manual & Place Cooker
Read all Important Safeguards. Do not remove warning or identifications stickers from cooker.
Place cooker on a stable surface.
2. Install Condensation Collector
Install: Align grooves on condensation collector over tabs on back of cooker base, and push into place.
CAUTION Do not place appliance on or in close proximity to a hot gas or electric burner, or a heated oven; heat from an external source will damage appliance.
3. Open & Close Lid
Open: Grip handle and turn counter-clockwise. Align position indicator symbol on lid with “open” symbol on rim of cooker base. Lift lid up and off.
Close: Align position indicator symbol on lid with “open” symbol on rim of cooker base. Grip handle and turn clockwise to align lid fins over cooker base handles.
4. Remove & Install Steam Release Handle
5. Remove & Install Anti-Block Shield
6. Check Sealing Ring & Sealing Ring Rack
7. Remove & Install Float Valve & Silicone Cap
CAUTION While float valve is up, contents of cooker are pressurized. Do not
attempt to remove lid. Refer to “Venting Methods” for releasing pressure.
8. Remove & Clean Inner Pot
9. Secure Power Cord
CAUTION To avoid risk of personal injury and/or property damage, do not pour food or liquid into cooker base. Always cook in an Instant Pot inner pot.
- • Soup/Broth
- • Meat/Stew
- • Bean/Chili
- • Cake
- • Rice
- • Multigrain
- • Porridge
- • Steam
- • Pressure Cook
- • Slow Cook
- • Sauté
- • Yogurt
- • Keep Warm
Select a pressure cooking program and press to toggle between High (10.2~11.6psi) and Low (5.8~7.2psi).
Higher pressure results in higher temperature.
Cancel Key & Standby Mode
When cooker is plugged in but not in operation, display will read “OFF” to indicate Standby mode.
Press Cancel to stop a Program at any time—cooker will go to Standby.
Available on all Programs except Sauté and Yogurt. When enabled, will turn ON after cook cycle and remain ON for
up to 10:00 hours.
ON by default. To turn OFF press Keep Warm.
Available on all Programs except Sauté and Yogurt.
Sound ON – Press and hold “+” key for 3 seconds. Display will indicate “S On”.
Sound OFF – Press and hold “–” key for 3 seconds. Display will indicate “SOFF”.
Cooker automatically syncs with local time during WiFi pairing—includes daylight savings time.
Set Clock Manually
Download the app
Use one of the following methods:
1. Scan the QR code at the bottom of this page
2. Visit www.instantpot.com/app
3. Search Apple App Store / Google Play Store for “Instant Pot”
New users: “Sign Up” to create an account
Current users: “Sign In”
Follow the steps below to start the pairing process. Note: You must be signed into the app to continue the pairing process.
For troubleshooting issues, go to: https://instantpot.com/smart-wifi-60-pairing/
Start the App.
After App is launched, go to main menu and tap “My Devices”.
On “My Devices” screen, tap “Add new device” and follow on-screen instruction to perform pairing.
Venting Methods & Initial Test Run (Water Test)
|Used when cooking high starch dishes, such as stews, potatoes, pasta, oatmeal, porridge or congee.||Used when cooking foods that contain high volume of thick or foamy liquid.||Used when cooking foods that expand, such as beans, lentils, and grains.|
|Not suitable for food with high liquid volume or high starch content such as: oatmeal, porridge, beans, sticky liquids, and starchy soups, as food contents may splatter use NR.|
Initial Test Run (Water Test)
When pressure cooking, add at least 1½ cups (375 mL / 12 oz) of liquid to inner pot, unless otherwise specified in recipe.
Suitable Liquids: Water, broth/stock, fruit/vegetable juice, beer/wine (low alcohol content), and water based cooking sauces.
CAUTION Do not fill inner pot higher than “PC MAX — 2/3” line indicated on inner pot.
When cooking foods that expand such as rice or beans, do not fill the appliance over “— 1/2” line indicated on inner pot.
CAUTION Liquids must be water-based. To avoid scorching or scalding injury, be cautious when cooking with more than 1/4 cup oil, oil-based sauces, condensed cream-based soups, and thick sauces.
Add suitable liquid to thin sauces. Avoid recipes that call for more than 1/4 cup of oil or fat content.
WARNING Until cooker pressurizes and float valve has popped up, lid will be removable. Once pressurized, lid will lock. To avoid scalding injury, do not attempt to force lid open while cooker is pressurized.
Non-Pressure Cooking: Slow Cook
Non-Pressure Cooking: Sauté
WARNING When sautéing, food may burn if unmonitored. To avoid burning, do not leave cooker unattended and do not use a lid.
Non-Pressure Cooking: Yogurt
Add Starter Culture
Purchase a yogurt starter culture or use store-bought yogurt as a starter. If using store-bought yogurt as a starter, ensure flavor is “plain” and cultures are “active”.
• Yogurt Starter Culture: Follow instructions on packaging
• Store-Bought Yogurt: Add 2 tablespoons (30mL) yogurt for every 1/2 gallon (1.8L) of milk
Care & Cleaning
Unplug the Instant Pot and let it cool to room temperature before cleaning.
This Limited Warranty is effective for one year from the date of original consumer purchase. Proof of original purchase date and, if requested by an authorized representative of Instant Brands Inc. (“Instant Brands”), return of your appliance, is required to obtain service under this Limited Warranty. Provided that this appliance is operated and maintained in accordance with written instructions attached to or furnished with the appliance, Instant Brands will, in its sole and exclusive discretion, either: (i) repair defects in materials or workmanship; or (ii) replace the appliance. In the event that your appliance is replaced, the Limited Warranty on the replacement appliance will expire 12 months from the date of original consumer purchase.
This Limited Warranty extends only to the original purchaser and use of the appliance in the United States of America and Canada. This warranty does not cover units that are used outside of the United States of America and Canada.
Any modification or attempted modification to your appliance may interfere with the safe operation of the appliance and will void this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty does not apply in respect of any appliance or any part thereof that has been altered or modified unless such alterations or modifications were expressly authorized by an Instant Brands representative.
Limitation and Exclusions
The liability of Instant Brands, if any, for any allegedly defective appliance or part shall in no circumstances exceed the purchase price of a comparable replacement appliance.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
1. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, unreasonable use, use contrary to the operating instructions, normal wear and tear, commercial use, improper assembly, disassembly, failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance, fire, flood, acts of God or repair by anyone unless directed by an Instant Brands Representative;
2. Repairs where your appliance is used for other than normal, personal use or when it is used in a manner that is contrary to published user or operator instructions; or
3. Use of unauthorized parts and accessories, or repairs to parts and systems resulting from unauthorized repairs or modifications made to this appliance.
The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by you.
Disclaimer of Implied Warranties
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INSTANT BRANDS MAKES NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE, USAGE, CUSTOM OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLIANCES OR PARTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR REPRESENTATIONS OF WORKMANSHIP, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR DURABILITY.
Some states or provinces do not allow for the exclusion of implied warranties of merchantability or fitness, so this limitation may not apply to you. In these states and provinces, you have only the implied warranties that are expressly required to be provided in accordance with applicable law.
Limitation of Remedies; Exclusion of Incidental and Consequential Damage YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE APPLIANCE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. INSTANT BRANDS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE APPLIANCE OR DAMAGES WITH RESPECT TO ANY ECONOMIC LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT OR USE, COSTS OF REMOVAL, INSTALLATION OR OTHER INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE OR KIND.
Please visit www.instantpot.com/support/register to register your new Instant Brands™ appliance and validate your warranty within thirty (30) days of purchase. You will be asked to provide the store name, date of purchase, model number (found on the back of your appliance) and serial number (found on the bottom of your appliance) along with your name and email address. The registration will enable us to keep you up to date with product developments, recipes and contact you in the unlikely event of a product safety notification. By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the instructions for use, and warnings set forth in the accompanying instructions.
To obtain service under this warranty, please contact our Customer Service Department by phone at 1-800-828-7280 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also create a support ticket online at www.instantpot.com/support. If we are unable to resolve the problem, you may be asked to send your appliance to the Service Department for quality inspection. Instant Brands is not responsible for shipping costs related to warranty service, save and except for shipping costs associated with the return of your appliance from Canada or within the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia of the United States of America, as provided herein. When returning your appliance, please include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and proof of the original purchase date as well as a description of the problem you are encountering with the appliance.
Instant Brands Inc.
11 – 300 Earl Grey Dr. Suite 383
US & Canada Email: email@example.com
You can download the PDF version of the Instant Pot Smart WiFi User Manual here.