Congratulations on your purchase!
This user manual will help you assemble and operate your new electric scooter. Be sure to read ALL OF THE INFORMATION in this manual before riding.
NOTE TO ALL RIDERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE: It’s very important that you get parental permission before riding your electric scooter.
Don’t Ride Until You Read This:
- ALWAYS wear a helmet when riding your electric bike.
- Make sure your electric bike has a full battery before taking it out to ride.
- Always be aware of local road laws, and follow them.
- Do not ride the bike under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Always respect pedestrians.
- Do not ride under wet conditions. The electric bike may slide from under your feet causing injury. Wet conditions may damage the electronics and void the warranty.
- Avoid water – The electric bike is not waterproof. The electronics may be damaged due to water and water damage is not covered by our warranty. Riding in wet conditions is also very dangerous and may result in injury.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sun or rain and avoid storage in places with high temperatures or corrosive gas.
- Abuse – We do not cover physical damage due to negligent care and extreme riding.
- Whenever you ride the GOTRAX Electric Bike, you risk severe injury or even death from loss of control, collisions, and falls. Use caution and ride at your own risk.
- Do not modify the product from the manufacturers original design.
- Do not exceed the posted speed limit and obey all traffic laws.
- Avoid touching the charging port directly and do not let it make contact with a metal object.
- Keep hands and all body parts away from moving parts while operating the electric bike.
- Before riding – be sure to check the electric bike over and make sure the electric bike is operating correctly before each use.
- Before riding – be sure to check that the braking system is functioning properly; also be sure to check that all safety labels are in place and you understand the safety warnings.
- Before riding – be sure that any and all axle guards, chain guards, or other covers or guards supplied by the manufacturer are in place and in serviceable condition.
- Before riding – be sure to check that the tires are in good condition, inflated properly, and have sufficient tread remaining. Warning Message
- Never exceed the 264 lb (120 kg) maximum load rating.
- The electric bike should never be used by children under the age of 16.
- Maximum Speed – Your electric bike goes the maximum speed of 20 mph.
- Make note that additional insurance may be required to cover situations you encounter while riding an electric bike. It is recommended that you contact an insurance company or broker for advice and consultation.
- To conserve electricity, use assist mode and avoid zero starting, frequent braking, driving against the wind, carrying heavy loads including other people and riding with insufficient air pressure.
Unpacking and Product Specs
Remove all packaging material, then inspect each item for any accidental damage that may have occurred during shipping. You should find each of these items in your box:
Unfolded Dimensions 173x58x120 (cm)
Folded Dimensions 94x53x78 (cm)
Package Dimensions 141x28x67 (cm)
Max Load 264 lbs (120 kg)
Package Weight 77 lbs (35 kg)
E Bike Weight 66 lbs (30 kg)
Max Speed 20 mph
Pedal-Assist Mode Approx 43-50 miles (70-80 km)
Pure Electric Mode Approx 22-24 miles (36-40 km)
Max Angle of Climb 14 degrees
Charging Time 5-6 hours
Tire Pressure 30 PSI
Charging Port 5V1A
Crankset 1/2*3/32*48T*165MM ED
IP Level IPx4
Get To Know Your E-Bike
Folding the Electric Bike
- Adjust the saddle tube and crank, loosen the saddle tube clamp with quick release. Insert the saddle tube down to the bottom and lock the saddle tube clamp with quick release. Adjust the crank angle to 9 o’clock and fold the pedals at the same time.
2. Open the folding frame with the safety clasp. Fold the left and right sides of the frame.
3. Open the frame, make the wheel fold parallel to the rear wheel and finish folding the bike.
Adjust Handlebar and Standpipes
1. Open the folder of standpipe
2. Fold handlebars to the left
3. When installing the stem, make sure handlebars are properly aligned and tightened
4. Fold the handlebars perpendicular to the ground
5. Open the folder of the handlebar and adjust
6. After adjusting the handle, lock the folder and finish the install
- This bike provides convenient accessories, please check the L and R marks on the pedals
2. Take wrench from the toolbox
3. R means it should be installed on the right side, L means it should be installed on the left side
4. Tighten the nut counterclockwise
Adjust saddle and seat tube
- Push the saddle down
2. Open the folding mechanism on the seat tube
3. Adjust and rotate the seat
4. Lock the folding mechanism
Removing the battery
- Open the folding mechanism
2. Loosen the folder
3. Insert the key to the battery lock
4. Remove the battery
Charge Your E-Bike: Method 1
Before using the electric bike, you must fully charge the battery.
- Locate the charging port on the left side of the frame near the folding mechanism
- Plug the charger into a power supply
- A red light indicates the battery is charging, green indicates the battery is full
- Charging Time: 5-6 hours
Charge Your E-Bike: Method 2
- Remove the battery charger from the e-bike
2. Locate the charging port near the top of the battery.
3. A red light indicates the battery is charging, green indicates the battery is full
E-Bike Console Functions
Casing Material: ABS
Display Material: High hardness acrylic (the same hardness value as tempered glass)
Display Includes: Speed, battery, error indication and mileage
Control and Settings: Power switch, wheel diameter, idle time for auto-hibernation, back light brightness setting, start mode setting, drive mode setting, voltage level setting, controller current limit setting
Communications Protocol: UART
OVERVIEW OF KEYS
- Long press “M” to turn on the panel. Short press “M” to switch the interface in ODO/ TRIP/VOL/CUR/TIME mode when the panel is on.
- Long press “M” to turn off the panel when it’s on. Short press the up key + to increase the PAS level, short press the down key – to decrease the PAS level.
- Long press the up + key to adjust the parameter. In the setting interface, short press “M” to switch parameters, and long press MODE to add (“A” on the left side)/minus (“D” on the left side) the value.
- After the charge, short press “M” to switch to the next parameter and save the last parameter, or long press MODE and the parameter will stop blinking and be saved. Long press “M” + MODE to exit the parameter setting interface, or wait for 10 seconds and automatically exit the mode.
- The throttle is used to adjust the motor rotational speed. Turn it from top down and the motor will accelerate, release the lever and the motor will decelerate.
Troubleshooting & Warranty
We frequently update our user manuals at GOTRAX.com, and reserve the rights to update and change manuals online.
Please contact our customer service team if you are experiencing problems or need more detailed information. They can be reached at GOTRAX.com
- Users should operate in accordance with the product manual. In case of any performance fault caused by production quality, the company shall perform the obligations of the three guarantees in accordance with the provisions of relevant laws and regulations of the state.
- The company is still responsible for the after-sales service of the faults beyond three guarantees and the major components in the three guarantees, but there will be a cost for repair.
- If the battery replacement is over the warranty time, our company will supply the battery at factory price. To ensure safety, and avoid pollution.
For additional warranty information, please visit GOTRAX.com.
You can download the PDF version of the GOTRAX EBE4 ELECTRIC BIKE USER MANUAL here.