For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using.
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or
injury, including the following:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
- Always unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- To protect against risk of electric shock, do not place cord, plug, or base of appliance in water or any other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Avoid contact with moving parts. Keep hands, hair, clothing, as well as spatulas and other utensils away from unit during operation
to reduce the risk of injury and/or damage to the appliance.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest Cuisinart Repair Centre for examination, repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- The use of attachments not recommended by Cuisinart® may cause fire, electric shock or risk of injuries.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Keep hands and utensils out of mixing bowl while in use to reduce the risk of injury to persons or to the appliance itself. DO NOT USE SHARP OBJECTS OR UTENSILS INSIDE THE MIXING BOWL! Sharp objects will scratch and damage the inside of the bowl. A rubber spatula or wooden spoon may be used when the appliance is in the off position.
- This appliance is for household use. Any servicing other than cleaning and user maintenance should be done only by authorised Cuisinart® Repair Personnel.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
- Do not operate your appliance in an appliance garage or under a wall cabinet. When storing in an appliance garage always unplug the unit from the electrical outlet. Not doing so could create a risk of fire, especially if the appliance touches the walls of the garage or the door touches the unit as it closes.
- Keep the appliance 8cm from other objects to ensure motor ventilation.
- Do not upend this product or incline it over a 45 ̊ angle.
- Do not use the appliance close by flame, hot plate or stoves.
- Do not remove the paddle when the appliance is mixing.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
Special Cord Set Instructions
A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Longer extension cords may be used if care is exercised in their use.
If a long, grounded 3-prong extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance, and the longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop, where it can be pulled on by children or animals, or tripped over.
This appliance is for household use. Any servicing other than cleaning and user maintenance should be performed by an authorised service representative.
- Do not immerse base in water.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not disassemble the base. Note: The base does not contain any user-serviceable parts.
- Repairs should be made only by authorised personnel.
- Check voltage to be sure that the voltage indicated on the name plate agrees with your voltage.
- Never clean with scouring powders or hard implements.
- Unit should remain upright at all times. If unit is turned on its side or upside down, you will need to put it in upright position and wait 24 hours before using.
Parts and Features
- Transparent Lid
Easily comes off to allow recipe ingredients to be added to the bowl.
- Mix-in Opening
Use to add toppings and mix-ins like chips or nuts, without interrupting the freezing cycle.
- Mixing Paddles
Mix and aerate ingredients in mixing bowl to create frozen dessert.
a. Patent-Pending Gelato Paddle
Perfectly incorporates less air into the ingredients and creates richly textured results with intense flavour.
Ice Cream Paddle Churns ingredients perfectly and creates smooth and creamy results.
- Mixing Bowl with Lift-Out Handle
Anodised aluminium mixing bowl. No need to pre-chill or freeze bowl.
Contains heavy-duty compressor motor and mixing motor.
- Touchpad Control Panel with LCD Readout
a. Power Button
Turns the unit on and off. Red LED light will be illuminated when unit is on.
b. Timer Button
Allows you to set from 10 minutes to 60 minutes.
c. Start/Stop Button
Allows you to start and stop the mixing process and timer.
- Plug the unit into the power outlet. Red LED light will flash to indicate unit is in standby.
- Prepare ingredients (see reverse side of this instruction booklet for recipes and tips). Note: If using your own recipe, be sure it yields 11⁄2
litres or less. Bases must be no more than 4 cups.
- Place mixing bowl into the base. Be sure bowl is properly aligned in base. See image below for reference.
- Place ice cream or gelato paddle in mixing bowl so that it rests in the centre of the bowl.
- Pour ingredients into the mixing bowl. Position lid and lock into place by turning it anti-clockwise. Be sure the arrow on lid is lined up with the lock icon on the base. See image below for reference. Also, be sure the mix-in opening is centred in the front when in the lock position.
- Press the Power button to turn the unit on. The red LED light will be on and the LCD screen will display “00”.
- Press the Timer button to set the time. Once pressed, the timer will default to 60 minutes. Press and release timer button to decrease time in 1-minute increments. Press and hold to scroll down more quickly. Note: Time can be set up to 60 minutes or as low as 10 minutes. If you added too much time, continue to press Timer and it will bring you back to ten minutes.
- Press the Start/Stop button to begin the Mixing/Cooling cycle. Timer will count down and the blue LED will be on, indicating that the Mixing/ Cooling has begun.
- Ingredients such as chips and nuts can be added towards the ending of mixing time. Once the dessert has begun to thicken (about 5 minutes left depending on recipe), add the ingredients through the mix-in opening. Note: To turn the unit off at any time, press the Power button. This will turn the unit off and reset all the previous functions.
- The timer will count down to zero and when done, the unit will beep three times to note the ice cream or gelato is ready. Note: The red LED flash and the timer will be blinking “00”.
- Turn the unit off by pressing the Power button. Remove the lid by turning it clockwise to unlock. Lift mixing bowl out of the base with handle. Remove paddle from mixing bowl.
Note: If the unit is not powered off, it will go into the Keep Cool function. Details follow on this page.
To pause time and mixing:
Press the Start/Stop button at any point in the Mixing/Cooling cycle to pause the time and mixing. To restart, press the Start/Stop button again to continue.
To add time:
If ice cream isn’t done or you would like to add time, press the Start/Stop button to pause unit. Add time in 5-minute increments. Press and hold to scroll through more quickly. If you added too much time, continue to press timer and it will bring you back to ten minutes.
Note: When making consecutive batches of ice cream or gelato, be sure to allow extra time for the compressor to adjust to cooling.
Tip: Unplug unit and let it rest for 10 minutes to allow for unit to cool before making a second batch.
This function does exactly what it says….keeps cool! After the Mixing/ Cooling cycle is finished, the unit will go to Keep Cool.
Once your Mixing/Cooling time has finished the timer will blink “00”. The unit is now in the Keep Cool function and has a 10-minute wait period. After 10 minutes elapse, the compressor will come on and the display will flash “COOL”. The Keep Cool is a 10-minute cycle. When done, the unit will beep 5 times to note the cycle is finished. The unit will shut off and go into Standby mode.
Note: The mixing is not activated during the Keep Cool function. If you would like to mix as well, turn off the unit to reset the functions.
Note: You can turn the unit off at any time during Keep Cool.
The Cuisinart® Commercial Quality Ice Cream & Gelato Maker is equipped with a safety feature that automatically stops the unit if the motor overheats.
This safety system may activate under heavy loads, if the unit has been running for an excessively long period of time, or if added ingredients (nuts,
etc.) are in extremely large pieces. To reset the unit, press the Power button and unplug the unit. Let the unit rest. After a few minutes, you may turn the
unit on again and continue making the dessert.
Cleaning Storage and Maintenance
Clean the mixing bowl, mixing paddles and lid in warm soapy water. Mixing paddles and lid are top-shelf dishwasher safe. DO NOT PUT MIXING
BOWL IN THE DISHWASHER. DO NOT CLEAN WITH ABRASIVE CLEANSERS OR IMPLEMENTS. Wipe motor base clean with damp cloth. Dry all parts thoroughly.
Be sure to store your unit in an upright position. Do not store frozen desserts in the mixing bowl in the freezer for more than 30 minutes at a time. Transfer frozen desserts to a freezer-safe, airtight container for longer storage in the freezer.
Any other servicing should be performed by an authorised service representative.
|Screen displays “EEEE”,|
continuous beeping and
the unit is stopped.
|Power off and unplug the unit.|
Contact Customer Service at 1800 808 971 (AUST),
0800 435 000 (NZ).
|Unit turns off sooner than|
the time set
|The ice cream could be done. The overload|
protection feature will turn the unit off.
If not the reason above, unplug the unit. Let it rest for
2 hours. Power unit on and being making your ice
cream or gelato.
|At any time during the|
mixing/cooling cycle, the
unit beeps continuously
for 30 seconds.
|Power off and unplug the unit. Let it rest for 2 hours.|
Power unit on and being making your ice cream or
gelato. If this happens again, let the unit rest for 24
hours. If unit continues to beep after you have tried
the above procedure, contact Customer Service at
1800 808 971 (AUST), 0800 435 000 (NZ).
|Mixing bowl is difficult|
|Wait 2 minutes and lift the mixing bowl.|
|Paddle slippage after|
several batches of ice
|Watch for condensation on base of bowl. Clear off|
water or ice from mixing bowl and base.
Make sure mixing bowl and base are dry and clean
before making next batch of ice cream.
Warranty (Three-Year Limited Warranty)
This warranty supersedes all previous warranties on Cuisinart® Ice Cream & Gelato maker. This warranty is available to consumers only. You are a consumer if you own a Cuisinart® Ice Cream & Gelato maker that was purchased at retail for personal, family, or household use. This warranty is not available to retailers or other commercial purchasers or owners. We warrant that your Cuisinart® Ice Cream & Gelato maker will be free of defects in material or workmanship under normal home use for three years from the date of original purchase.
Please visit our website, www.cuisinart.com.au for the fastest most efficient way to complete your product registration.
Call toll-free 1800 808 971 (AUST), 0800 435 000 (NZ),
24 Salisbury Road
Asquith NSW 2077
Cuisinart® New Zealand
44 Apollo Drive Mairangi Bay
Auckland New Zealand
However, the above registration methods do not eliminate the need for the consumer to maintain the original proof of purchase in order to obtain
the warranty benefits. In the event that you do not have proof of purchase date, the purchase date for purposes of this warranty will be the date of
manufacture. If your Ice Cream maker should prove to be defective within the warranty period, we will repair it (or, if we think it necessary, replace it)
without charge to you.
This warranty expressly excludes any defects or damages caused by accessories, replacement parts, or repair service other than those that have
been authorised by Cuisinart®.
This warranty does not cover any damage caused by accident, misuse, shipment or other than ordinary household use. Please also be sure to include a return address, daytime phone number, description of the product defect, product serial number (stamped on bottom of product base), and any other information pertinent to the product’s return.
Your Cuisinart® Ice Cream & Gelato maker has been manufactured to strict specifications and has been designed for use with the Cuisinart® Ice Cream
& Gelato maker accessories and replacement parts. These warranties expressly exclude any defects or damages caused by accessories, replacement parts, or repair service other than those that have been authorised by Cuisinart®. These warranties do not cover any damage caused by accident, misuse, shipment, or other than ordinary household use. These warranties exclude all incidental or consequential damages.
Download the PDF version of the Manual Here